Monday, July 5, 2010

It's a princess party!

Good morning friends, please scroll down for our SNS candy winners!

Are you ready for a new Monday Mania challenge over at CA&Friends? This week Berenice is hosting and she has come up with a challenge that I think will appeal to the princess in each of us! It's a princess party theme in honor of her birthday today... "Happy Birthday Berenice!" and a little added sparkle doesn't hurt either. ;)

I thought this challenge was the perfect opportunity to show my Princess Anya some love since my older stamps have a tendency to get a bit neglected as the new ones join the family. It doesn't mean that I think she is any less beautiful than the day I bought her though and that feeling is just reinforced as I start coloring her up... oh Princess, how I missed you old friend. :)
I did change her up just a bit by wiping away her closed eye face with a baby wipe before stamping and then using my light box to trace Fleur Anya's smilie eye face onto her... click here for a more detailed tut on this technique. Now Princess looks all happy and excited to attend the ball, don'tcha think?



Oh, here's a little something that I just had to share... remember me saying that I'm not much of a cat person? Well I don't know if this photo changes my mind or not, LOL! You see, my sister recently moved into a new place and she couldn't take Oreo with her so rather than see him have to go to the pound he has found a new home here. He's a funny guy who likes belly rubs and apparently card making too... he's gotten into the habit of joining me anytime I sit down to create and generally leaves me about this much space to do my thing. Crazy cat... now if only I could blame the messy desk on him somehow! ;)

TTYL!
Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and PTI
paper- Imaginisce (princess), Autumn Leaves (Cuteworld stripe), Making Memories (blue)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Princess Anya and Fleur Anya), Verve (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Making Memories crown
Ranger Stickles
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- N3, N5, N7, N9, 0
dress- R00, R11, R21, R32, R43, 0, G0000, G000, G00, YG03

31 comments:

Rosa Forino said...

ho ricevuto oggi il tuo pacchettino... sono senza parole, รจ tutto bellissimo, spero di riuscire a creare qualcosa con tutte quelle meraviglie... GRAZIE!!!!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Omgosh Amy this card is so stunning! I love Princess Anya! You colored her in just beautifully and the paper you used is adorable.

Michelle said...

Oreo is so cute and he is bonding with you!

gobeagirl said...

HI Amy. I think that Princess Anya looks adorable and so ready to dance the night away with her Prince Charming. heehee I have to confess I love the newer movie Enchanted, and so I always think of it when I think of Magical Princesses... Now as for Orea (love his name1) What a sweetheart! I think you are just going to love that wonderful attention his is going to bring to you and all of the things on your desk. heehee... Seems he already approved of your choice of paper for your 50's Lilith. I would also venture to guess that your little dog is getting along well with the situation?! Have a great week. Hugs, Lisa

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a sweet and girly Princess Anya card! Lovely hair coloring!
LOL, silly cat! If he's going to take up all that space, he should at least help out with something, right? ;)
hugs, margie

Kimberly S said...

What a gorgeous card Amy, and what a sweet kitty that he wants to be with you while you create. :)

JenRaff said...

Gorgeous card -- love the way you altered her and the way you colored up her hair!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

awww!! Cute kitty!! Love the oreo name too!LOL!! Super cute princess card too Amy!!

Unknown said...

Your card is so pretty, Amy! Very pretty papers!

Aww..cute name for a kitty!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Amy! Such a sweet card! Love the altering and the DP. BTW Cute Kitty! Have a great week. Big Hugs :)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card,AMAZING coloring and oh so sweet cat! Wouldn't mind sharing a scrappyspace with a furrball if not my loved ones were allergic..

~* steph :) *~ said...

your card is the cutest sweetest thing ever! i love the cute little princess and love those papers too! sweet colors! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! oh, oreo is too cute, a crafty cat :). *hugs* steph :)

donna mikasa said...

Love your altered Princess! Her glittery gown is fab! And Oreo seems to leave you just the right amount of crafting space...

Alberto said...

very very sweet the card (...and the kitty, LOL)
I like the stamp and the flowers (...naturally!)

Hugs, Shake

♥Rach♥ said...

Beautiful! I JUST saw this paper the other day and I totally love it and you made such an adorable layout ;0)

That's no nice of you to adopt Oreo, I think he'll grow on you and you'll be best crafting buddies, just make sure to put your ribbon away, lol!

Claireabelle said...

Great card Amy, love your princess Anya. I cant believe how tidy your desk is!! My cat has given up on the idea of getting on my desk LOL
xxx

Jenny V. said...

Lovely card Amy! Love the DP! Awww your cat is lucky laying around wish that's me. But so much to do on this day off. Have a great day!

Danni said...

Oreo looks quite cozy! :-)

Adorable card! Love your coloring and of course, your altering! You are just so amazing!!

Loz said...

Stunning!! You make it look so easy! Love how perfect the DP is for this image! Gorgeous ♥

Alice said...

super sweet card, Amy!! that background pp is just perfect for this! and hehe! you got a little helper there!! Oreo is too cute! yeah, our cats love to "help," too! just be careful when they stretch! =)

Crafty Jenn said...

Fun card! I too have neglected TGF stamps that should see some use again.

Oreo is cute! Looks simular to my kitty. It's so nice of you to give him a home. Looks like he's adjusting just fine! Lol!

<3 Jenn

Shirley N said...

Oh I envy Oreo, I would love to sit and watch you color too! Love your pretty card, Princess Anya is adorable!

Rosa Forino said...

adoro oreo... nome davvero originale..

Juls said...

so girly and magical! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Tasha said...

Wow this is so beautiful, i love the gorgeous paper and the fabulous dress
love tasha xx

WickedPixie said...

Your card is so sweet and pretty! I always had dogs and thought I was a dog person until I got my current cat. Then I realized that cats are wanna-be crafters! She always wants to be in the middle of my sewing projects or sitting on my DP, and I don't even want to get into her love of my yarn!! :-)Traci

Leanne said...

Wow, Oreo looks comfy cozy on your desk. hehe..
I absolutely love your card and how gorgeous Princess Anya is. I also love how you altered her face features. She looks beautiful. This is the best Princess card I've yet to see. Wonderful! Makes me smile! :)

stephanne said...

Ooooh, this is so pretty, I love how you've got just the right section of paper to compliment that darling image, love the colours too!!

Now as for your new furrriend Oreo, congrats on inheriting a new crafting helper and welcome to the world of fur-on-your-double-sided-tape. What's a card without a cat hair I ask you???

Hugs,
Stephanne

Angela said...

Oh this is so sweet!! My DD eould love this as she is all about princess!! I love her hair and the DP you used. And Oreo looks too sweet!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Desirรฉe said...

Omygosh, you are never going to believe this! I was reading you blog posts in Google's reader, when my cat parked himself next to me and half on top of the keyboard. He was pressing some keys and the page was scrolling down and it ended EXACTLY at this picture of Oreo!! Funny huh :-) He looks like a very sweet cat, I have two, one on either side right now lol ;-) Wouldn't want to miss them!