Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pretty in pink

Hello, hello!

Can you believe it's already time for a brand new Lil Lolita challenge over at the LLB blog? This week is a cool photo inspiration of some pretty rockin' heels (way too fab looking for me to pull off, LOL)! Still, that didn't mean that I couldn't admire them from afar and use their funky beauty to pull together this card. :)

I've been going through a lot of my papers lately and luckily I came across this forgotten gem just in time for the challenge. I've had it for years and as soon as I saw it I knew it was about to fulfill it's paper destiny and finally get put to use... oh how I love that! Lilith seemed to agree with the paper choice because she insisted that it was her turn to get all pink and pretty. I did alter her slightly just by wiping away the skull from her hair, the rose from her hands and the down turned corner of her mouth. Then I drew in the missing lines and gave her a slight smile with my trusty Copic multiliner pen... easy peasy!

So have you gotten your own Lil Lolitas yet? If so we would love to have you play along this week! Kellie always has great prizes for the winner and the top three get a cool badge for their blog sidebar. :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Urban Lily (pink floral), Provo Craft (black)
stamps- Tickled Pink (Lil Lolita Lilith), Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
Memento tuxedo black ink
Prima flowers
Heidi Swapp bling borders
buttons
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, R83
hair- N3, N5, N7, N9, 0
eyes- E44, E47, E49
clothes- R81, R83, R85, RV17, C00, C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9

21 comments:

RiNNE said...

Love her coloring and the pink and black suits her! Wonderful creation!!!

Maria Therese said...

Love the buttons in the flowers and the gorgeous coloring!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

love the colors! great great mix of DPs and flower embellies! i wish i could color like you :)! thanks for sharing :)! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

Gosh Amy I love what you did with Lilith.... your very clever. Your paper Rocks I love it, isn't it great to find stuff in the stash pile!! hehehehehe Awesome Card Amy:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxxx

Alice said...

lovely color combo! beautiful card! love it!

Michele Spera said...

Love the flower paper and the flowers added with the buttons!! really nice job on the coloring:-) adorable!
XMicheleX

DonnaMundinger said...

ADORAABLE!!!! And what a fab inspiration! xxD

Angela said...

Oh SO sweet Amy!! I really love the altering you did and the Paper is perfect!!
Hugs:)
Angela

MiamiKel said...

Oh how delish - so fun and flirty! Lovely summer colors and colored to sheer perfection! WOW!

Carisa said...

awww, lilith looks entirely too sweet here! i love how you altered her. you blow me a away when you do that. i love everything about this beautiful card!

Kimberly S said...

She looks so cute! Love the color combination and the DP as well! :)

Patricia Mae said...

Very cute I love what you did with the card. Love the colors and everything.
~Patricia

Larisa said...

It is so funny! The card is nice as always ))))

Eulanda said...

OMG Amy you are some kind of artist!! I like your alterations!! Her shimmery dress is so pretty and that paper really is fabulous! Love your card!

Unknown said...

Very pretty :)

Kylie said...

Lilith does seem to agree you've chosen the right papers! lol. Love the flowers, bling and the alterations to Lilith. She looks very cute and girly!

Hugs Kylie ox

Tasha said...

Oh this is so pretty, love those funky flowers and your awesome colour work
love tasha xx

gobeagirl said...

This is so cute! I think that both Lilith and the paper were made for each other. I really love her in pink. She just looks so sweet. Great card. Hugs, Lisa

Bron said...

Love it Amy as usual it is perfect. Hugs from Bron xo

Leanne said...

Great coloring! Her dress is awesome. love the details and her expression is priceless. =)

Crafty Jenn said...

"Paper destiny"! Love it! I have many a sheets of paper waiting for their destiny. ;)

Adorable card. Love all the pink and black.

<3 Jenn