Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sending sunshine

Howdy folks... here's hoping that blogger doesn't go all cock-eyed on us again today, LOL!

So it's time for a new challenge over at ATS and this week we've got a sketch to inspire your creativity! For my take on it I decided to use Ocean Wavedancer and her pal Echo. I went a whole lot brighter in her coloring this time around because I had these paper scraps that I have been wanting to use up ever since summer hit. I think the fun Doodlebug colors and patterns work really well to create a bright sunshiny happiness to the card. :)

Wanna give it a go? Who wouldn't, what with the fab prizes being offered! Just remember that in order to be eligible to win, your card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Ok, time for me to scoot... the temps are on the rise here so I'm hoping I don't melt before I can hit the lake and swim like miss Ocean, LOL! ;)


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper and fish stickers- Doodlebug Designs
stamps- Sweet November (Ocean Wavedancer and Echo), Kraftin Kimmie (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Kaiser Craft pearl
Ranger Stickles and Liquid Pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, RV13
hair- Y11, Y13, Y15, Y35, 0
everything else- YG00, YG01, YG05, YG07, YG09, YR04, YR16, Y38, Y0000, R0000, BG0000
echo- C0, C1, C3, C5, C7

22 comments:

Tasha said...

Gorgeous card AMy, i love thebeautiful paper and the little fish stickers - so cute
love tasha xx

Anna said...

How pretty! Love how she's colored!

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! Your coloring is awesome :)

Shazza said...

great card, love the colours
x

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. They both look so good swimming along. I can not wait to play them. Thanks once again. Where do you get your doodlebug stuff from? I have always loved their products, but I can't seem to find them online anymore.. Have a great sunshinny day. Hugs, Lisa

Kimberly S said...

Such beautiful coloring, so bright and happy! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful coloring Amy...love how the green "moves" and the shading on Echo...cool!
Love how you've found the perfect papers again and the purely cute fishies!
Pam Going Postal

scrapn_momof2 said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors and the papers.

~* steph :) *~ said...

a very sunshiney sweet card, amy! love how you create these under-the-water scenes. they are just beautiful. thanks for sharing :)! have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

kris said...

Beautiful!!! Love the fishes swimming with her.... wish i could be a mermaid and swim all day!! hehe!

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card Amy and amazing coloring!

WickedPixie said...

Oooh, this one is full of sunshine-y happiness! I love how you have colored Echo! I had to make the card bigger to look closely at your beautiful work! :-)Traci

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... what a gorgeous card, Amy! Your new Mermaids are killing me, they are amazing... I will have to get all of them!! I really adore your superb coloring job, especially the hair!!

donna mikasa said...

Oooh, love the bright colors on your card and those little fishie stickers are too cute! And Echo has stolen my heart.....

Danni said...

I can't wait for these mermaids to swim into my mailbox!!!
Fabulous card, so fun!!

RiNNE said...

Have fun in the lake, Amy!!! Love the coloring...esp of the dolphin! I ordered your new mermaids today :)!

Shirley N said...

Echo is so adorable, love your scene Amy, they all look so happy!

Alice said...

beautiful soothing colors! love this, Amy!

1LuvnMama said...

Luv the yellows Amy! :) Your mermaids have a soft spot in my heart and so are all of their sea friends! :) Amazing!

Unknown said...

Ooo..this is so pretty! She looks like she having so much fun!

Angela said...

THis mermaid is so adorable!!! I love the colors and your coloring looks AWESOME!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Pam Varnell said...

Love the new stamp Amy and her companion is a sweetie pie. Love your card.