Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gettin' sketchy at Kraftin' Kimmie's

Welcome to the weekend everybody. :)

It's Saturday and that means it is time for a new challenge over at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps! This week there is a fun sketch to follow for a shot at winning a free KK stamp! You can check out the sketch here and I gotta say that it is a pretty easy one to follow, leaving plenty of room for you to play around and embellish to your hearts content. So why not pull out a KK stamp, doesn't matter if it's old or new, and get sketchy with us? We would love to see you play along! :)

As I was flipping through my Kimmie stamps to make today's card, this crazy eyed little Goldilocks was jumping up and down, curls bobbing all out of control, chanting, "Please, please, please, please, pleeeeeeease pick me!" To be honest, I was a little afraid not to pick her! LOL
With that look in her eyes and the way she is holding those teddy bears, she kinda reminds me of the character from the Bugs Bunny cartoons who catches Bugs and holds him real tight saying, "I'm gonna hold him and pet him and love him and squeeze him and call him George." Tender loving care just doesn't seem to be a part of her vocabulary. Which is a big part of why I love Annie's images so much... there is an attitude there and a playful kind of craziness that makes for some very fun cards. Oh, and those curls were SO much fun to color too! ;)

Well, I guess I should go get ready for work now... TTYL!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- My Mind's Eye (dot), Reminisce (cream), Girls Paperie (text), BoBunny (red dot)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (Goldilocks/sentiment/bear)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Prima flowers
Pebbles glitter candy dots
EK Success whale of a corner punch
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- Y32, Y35, YR21, YR24
clothes- E40, E41, 0, R46, R59, E18, YR14, YR18, YG95, YG97, BG15, BG18, BG10, BG11
bears- E55, E57, E59, E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, R00, W9

17 comments:

Marley said...

Wow! Another beautiful card.. awesome coloring on the gorgeous image..love the sentiemnt with the bear.. xxMarley

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Amy! I love Goldilocks!!

Dotty Jo said...

Brilliant card Amy, love that Goldilocks image! Jo x

Emily said...

I love this layout!!!! FAB!!!!

Beate said...

Gorgeous coloring of this adorable stamp. Wonderful card.
Hugs and smiles

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Another incredible creation, Amy! And I LOVE your description of Goldilocks....so funny!!!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Andrea C said...

OMG this is freakin amazing x

~* steph :) *~ said...

adorable, amy! hehe, i remember that girl who squeezed bugs bunny and said that, hehe. great flashback :)! thanks for sharing and hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far! *hugs* steph :)

Leanne said...

o my goodness. that is too freekin' cute!! i love her expression and i love her hair!! great card, love the dp so subtle and fun. perfect background for that little gal and her bear friend. happy sunday amy!! hugs

CraftyC said...

Love this card Amy and her hair is just gorgeous!
Clairexx

Hlora said...

Very nice girl-image on the card! It looks so gentle!!

gobeagirl said...

Amy while I think that you are so very talented and a true artist I still think that you should become an author. I would so read any book that your wrote. You just have the neatest talent for expressing yourself. If you want a person to laugh you do, if you want to weave a wonderful story about a snowflake you mange to make the person feel as if they are floating on air with it. Truely you have a wonderful talent. I love, love your card. She is adorable and now I can see that cartoon as well. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning Amy!! I LOVE everything about this gorgeous card!! Xx

1LuvnMama said...

Just luv the locks on her hair! :) Adorable Amy! This is a feel-good card . . . the one who receives this will definitely feel the bear hug!

Juls said...

fab!! Loving the colours and the polka dots!!! Hugs Juls

Stamping Cafe said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! I adore all your details and your coloring is amazing as always!