Friday, February 4, 2011

Smile...

TGIF everybody!
Can you see me doing my happy dance? ;)

As grey as the day may be here, I am in a bright and cheery mood so this card that I have to share seems quite appropriate with all of its happy colors. I actually made this a couple days ago for the TGF CHA relay challenge and there were ten different ingredients that we had to get onto a card. Packing a bunch of goodies on a single card? Sounds like my kind of challenge, LOL!

When I thought about which little cutie to use I realized that its been a while since I've shown some love to any of my Wild Sprouts and Ruby was jumping at the chance to see some ink. I gotta say that she always makes me smile. I've been seeing all of the rolled fabric flowers that are currently quite the hot item (Emma has a great tutorial here) and since I was feeling uber crafty I decided to make my own out of some sheer ribbon. OMG I think I am addicted! LOL
And the best part is, I saw that Cosmo Cricket is coming out with basically giant glue dots, called Glubers, specifically made for creating these kinds of flowers even easier... you know I'll be all over those when they hit the shelves. ;)

Anywho... I managed to get all ten ingredients on here without it feeling too cluttered, I used a beloved stamps, tried a new technique, so you can say that I'm a happy camper. Boy do I love making cards! :)

Ok, time for me to go enjoy my day, TTYL!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Adorn it (stripe), Scenic Route (graph), My Mind's Eye (green)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Wild Sprout Ruby), Inkadinkado (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox creamy brown
Fiskars border punch
K&Co rub on stitches
ribbon
buttons
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- Y38, YR04, YR18, E19
clothes- RV23, RV25, RV29, Y13, Y15, Y17, YG01, YG03, YG25

20 comments:

Robin said...

Those flowers are fab.... love the bright cheery pink!! Robin

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is just such a happy card. Ruby looks smashing and ready to have herself a wonderful day off. lol... You have done a wonderful job with your flowers. I watched a video on the glubers too. I think they are a great idea. Have a wonderful day off. I don't have a post today as I was in the ER last night with Madison until about 11pm. They still don't know exactly what is going on with her. Off to work I go. I hope that your 2 days off are very good ones. Hugs Lisa

♥Rach♥ said...

Sooooo cute! I love the pretty colors and her hair is just totally beautiful :0)

Larisa said...

Amy, so fantastic colouring! Love her red hair!

Nancy Thomas said...

I am writing down the colors you used for the hair as I simply must have a redhead like this! Such fun, happy colors on this sweet card. Enjoy your time off!

Rhonda Miller said...

So cute and so true. TFS.

~* steph :) *~ said...

oh yes, smiles are contagious and your card makes me SMILE :)! love the fun happy colors and papers. those flowers are adorable! thanks for sharing and have a great weekend, amy!!! *hugs* steph :)

Maria Therese said...

Aaaawwww sweet!!

donna mikasa said...

Wow! I can't believe you used the 10 ingredients on your card! The flowers are totally awesome and Ruby looks so sweet! (I always think she looks like Emma Pillsbury...) Have a great weekend!!

Saskia said...

Lovely card Amy!!

Unknown said...

Awww this is so cute.. I love the colours and Ruby is such a darling. Love the bright colours, so fun. Hugs xxx

Shirley N said...

Oh she totally makes me SMILE Amy! She's so sweet and I love your gorgeous flowers! Have a great weekend. hugs!

Juls said...

stunning!!! Loving the bright colours and those amazing flowers!! Hugs Juls

Tonje said...

Love those pink roses! I have to give them a try, thanks for the link to the tutorial. Ruby is so cute, and I love he colour of her hair...

Shaela said...

this is absolutely darling!! love how bright and cheery it is :)

Peggy said...

Amazing card!! You definitely aced getting all the items in/on your card! She is so bright and fun! Love it!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is super duper adorable, Amy! Love your color combo and those ribbon flowers are gorgeous! Have a beautiful weekend!

Unknown said...

Nice and bright! This card definitely makes me smile! Love it lots, Amy!

Alice said...

your ribbon flowers are so pretty! lovely card, Amy!

Tasha said...

This is completely awesome Amy, im loving those bright citrus colours and the fab funky layou. The sentiment is great
love tasha xx