Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dream big for FFF

Hey there!

So my card today is for the Farm Fresh Friday challenge over at TGF and it is to create a spring themed card. Sure, flowers come to mind when I think of spring (and of course I had to add some here) but even more so I think of flying kites during windy days in March and April. As a kid I can remember my grandparents buying me and the sibs those cheap little drug store kites (I always went for butterflies or unicorns, LOL) and taking us down to the ball field to fly them. There was many a little plastic butterfly that escaped on a particularly strong gust of wind but we always had fun just the same. ;)
That is why I had to use this kite tail looking paper when I spotted it in my stash. Then I had to figure out who to pair with it... hmmm... flipping through my TGF stamps Sunshine Anya looked like she was wanting to have some fun and get a little inky. But she was a little under-dressed for the chilly winds and spring time weather in that bikini so I also pulled out my beloved, but sadly discontinued, Dress Me set and found a cute outfit for Anya to wear. This was so easy I don't even consider it altering, LOL! I am totally keeping my fingers crossed that Marie is considering a re-vamped Dress Me set with open eye Anya and Ian and new clothes. Heck, fingers and toes crossed that she might even do a Sprout, Miss Anya, Creeper and/or Cheeky Dress Me set in the future too! The very thought makes me giddy, as you know how I just love to treat my stamps like paper dolls. :)
Anywho... I also came across this little whirligig in the papers I was using and I couldn't resist cutting it out and adding it to Anya's hand as a little nod to the brand new, cute-as-can-be Twirl Anya that is part of the new previews.

Speaking of previews... the Sweet November March release previews are starting up tomorrow and I just wanted to take a minute to announce some changes to the Sweet November Gals. As some of you may know already, our beloved Wicked Pixie aka Traci has decided to take a break from blogging for a while. Traci was and always will be a huge inspiration to me and I was so lucky to have her as my very first SN Gal. I miss all of her gorgeous creations already but I also totally respect her taking some time for herself and her family... LOVE and HUGS Traci! :)

At first I was nervous about filling that vacancy but my luck still seems to be with me because the AMAZING miss Nancy Thomas agreed to stay on as a permanent Sweet November Gal when I asked if she was interested. Perhaps it was even written in the stars...(a total teaser for tomorrow's previews, LOL)! I am so excited to have Nancy working her magic with the SN cast of characters each month and she will be starting off with us tomorrow! So be sure to give Nancy a very warm SN welcome! :)

See ya in 24!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Cosmo Cricket (togetherness)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Summer Anya and Dress Me set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Fiskars border punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E30, E33, E35, E39
clothes- Y13, Y15, Y17, G000, G00, BG23, YG13, G14

21 comments:

Stephanie J said...

I love this card, Amy!!!! Who'd have ever thunk pinwheels & kites would be a papercrafting trend?! As for kites, I always went for anything pink in the beginning... but usually wound up picking something aircraft related instead!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh The perfect spring card, spring is definately windy here, and perfect for kite flying, something i've never done!!!

So glad to hear Nancy is staying on as a permanent Sweet Novemeber Girl, can't wait to see some more gorgeous creations from her:)

Looking forward to the previews
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Suzi
xxx

Hlora said...

it is cute) Love your colouring so much! I wish I could the same))

~* steph :) *~ said...

super super cute, amy! love the cutie image. her pinwheel is adorable. love the papers, so cheerful and springy! cute flowers. thanks for sharing and hope you have a lovely Sunday! *hugs* steph :)

Claireabelle said...

Just gorgeous Amy!
x

Sudha said...

Cute card Amy. Love the sentiment n the image too.

Mimi said...

so adorable Amy! love the kites and pinwheels... spring is in the air! Have a wonderful day! ;)

Mette said...

Such a fresh and happy card Amy. Love the colours and your papers. Definately no doubt about it - spring is just around the corner.

Hugs, Mette

donna mikasa said...

Cuteness! You've created your own little Twirl Anya! I do hope Marie brings back a Dress Me set for all. Drop bigger hints, Amy!! Love this happy card!

Julie said...

Fabbie! Great image and stunning colours and papers! Juliexx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. If I didn't know better I would think that you were having wonderfully sunny warm Spring day. This is really adorable! I love how your card turned out. Great colors as well. I can not wait to see the start of your new stamps. Very exciting.. Heehee.. I am crafting and we are watching the Christmas Glee at the moment. Love it. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, love the kite papers, so bright and beautiful and great idea for Spring xx

Michele Boyer said...

This is adorable! I love the papers and how you colored the girl's hair!

1LuvnMama said...

Sad to hear about Traci and sometimes it's good to take a break . . . on a much SWEETER note, luv this springy card. I spy a pinwheel in her hand! :) Really, really cute Amy! Can't wait to see the sneak peeks!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a seet spring card! I love all the layers and flowers! Such a cutie-pie!
hugs!
margie

Jen Shults said...

This is just adorable Amy! I love the bright sunny paper you used. It's just fantastic. And I love that you used the dress me kit... it wish I had it. GORGEOUS card!!

Unknown said...

Such a happy card! Veyr spring looking!

ChickieChirps said...

This is gorgeous Amy! I love the idea of Spring meaning flying kites to you and the colours are great!

Arabella

Leanne said...

hehehe.. super cute, love her hair color and all that beautiful paper. :) This is a really fun card!

Stamping Cafe said...

Super cuteness, Amy!! Again, you always have just the perfect paper for it, I would also love the have Marie bring back the Dress Me set... I will be the fist one to get it!!! :) Hugs!

Alice said...

awwww... such a sweet sweet card, Amy! so cute!