Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just a little note

Hola!

Well, it's Tuesday and that means a new Glee is on tonight... woot, woot! I'm missing Kurt though and hope that he rejoins the kids at McKinley High sooner rather than later. Not that the Warblers aren't pretty amazing, I just miss his solos and more prominent story lines.

On to my card for today... I used the always adorable Creeper Friday from The Greeting Farm with just a bit of altering. But where as most times I am wiping away closed eyes and drawing in open ones, for the first time ever I actually gave an image closed eyes! What can I say... something about the fun papers I was using with her made me picture Friday totally absorbed in the music (I think she's listening to a Glee soundtrack, LOL).
I started this card with the intention of participating in the FFF 'sew easy' challenge but by the time I was finishing it up I realized that I had completely forgotten the stitching! Oh well, there's nothing wrong with making a card 'just because'. :)

Ok, I'm outta here... see ya in 24.



Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/die cuts- My Mind's Eye (Animal Crackers)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Creeper Friday), Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft gems
The Twinery twine
EK Success silver pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55
clothes- BG000, BG11, BG23, BG32, R05, R08, R24, E09, YG00, YG01, YG03, W5, W7, W9, YR12, YR15, YR18, RV21, RV23, RV32, C00, C0, C1, C3, C5

18 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Aaawwww the sweet sound of Kurt's voice. You just know that is what she is listening to. lol...Amy this is so cute! I just love her eyes closed. You know I love to color in this sets eye, but you have made her look perfect with those eyes closed and enjoying the music. I hope we both have very good and quick days so that we can get the the Glee...heehee Jerry already had dinner planned so that we can eat when I get home and be ready to go. Hugs, Lisa

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a rockin' card, amy! love it! makes you want to dance :). thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Melissa S said...

Oh my I love all that fab paper!!!

Joy said...

cute card! love what you did. so cheery! have a good week!

Jacilynn said...

oh, can't wait for my glee fix tonight! Sundays was so adorable!
Great card.

Robin said...

Such a wonderful 'just because' card! Love the rainbows!! Robin

Jessica Diedrich said...

She is WAY fabulous and ready for GLEE! I know what you mean, although I did swoon a bit last Sunday with Blaine's rendition of Bills, Bills Bills. OMG SOOOO good :) Miss you girlie!

Juls said...

just fabulous!!! Loving those funky scallops!! Hugs Juls

Alice said...

cuteness and so very sweet! love her closed eyes! i should really ink up my Friday, too... =) LOVE your fab card, Amy!

Kimmarie Baker said...

You ROCKED this fun card! Perfect for Glee night.

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a funky hip card!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so cute! I LOVE her closed eyes--she is so into the music! And that music sheet patterned paper is just perfect! Such a Glee-ful card!

Tasha said...

This is totally awesome Amy. Loving the colours and the fab speech bubble - so fun
love tasha xx

Mimi said...

So cute!! The colors are so fun and love how the music notes match the rainbows! Have a great day! ;)

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh love this, Amy!! You always have the perfect papers for your image, you have such a gift!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Oh I just lvoe all the pretty colors, just beautiful!

Angie said...

OMGosh, I miss Kurt too! I want to hear his voice again! I'm bored with him being in the background. I like Blaine's voice and the storyline going on... but Kurt needs to be in the spotlight! I love your card, btw. I am in a "music" sort of crafty mood lately and this is right up my alley... and TGF has some new creepers coming out that are musical! Can't wait for those!

Leanne said...

I gotta say it... She's awesome!! Great alteration and she goes perfect with those bright fun papers. AWESOME!!