Saturday, February 5, 2011

Some Kraftin Kimmie fun...

Hello my stampin' peeps!

I've got some fun and exciting things to share on this fine Saturday... which is that the fabulous Kimmie, of Kraftin Kimmie Stamps, has invited me to be a Krafty Guest for the month of February! Now it's no secret that that I've been a fan of these crazy cuties for quite some time so I leapt at the chance to play along with them this month. :)

And I'm kickin' off this fun stint with Saturday challenge #64... Seeing Red! Valentine's Day is right around the corner making this is the perfect color to create a card with right now, don'cha think? As soon as Kimmie told me what the challenge was I knew that sweet Marina, with her kissy kissy lips, would be the perfect stamp to use for a Valentine with loads of personality.
I stayed with a pretty monochromatic color scheme, pulling all of the shades of red from the mosaic (or scaly mermaid tail) looking paper that I used in the background. I know that red might not be the first color that comes to mind when I imagine a mermaid but I think she makes for a perfectly delightful little under-the-sea cupid. ;)

Now it's your turn to pull out a Kraftin Kimmie stamp and play along in this week's challenge. As always there is a fab stamp prize up for grabs so don't miss out on the fun! Then be sure to check back later in the week for the new KK February stamp previews to begin! :)

Smooches!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Paper Adventures (mosaic), Girls Paperie (text), Basic Grey (red solid)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie Stamps (Marina), Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Tim Holtz barn door
Victoria Lynn pearl sprays
Kaiser Craft pearls
ribbon
Martha Stewart epoxy heart sticker
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- R35, R46, R59, E19, E18
everything else- R05, R08, R24, R27, R29, R35, R46, R59, R89, YR16, Y38, 0

19 comments:

Larisa said...

Great hot colouring!!! Mermaid is fantastic!!!

Tracey said...

Congrats on being chosen as a guest krafty girl! Your card is fantastic!!

Juls said...

wowzer!!!! Just STUNNING!!!! I love it! Hugs Juls

Michele Boyer said...

SO cute! I love your coloring on the mermaid's body! It's AMAZING!

Shaela said...

gorgeous card and congrats on the guest spot!! :) I'm trying out for the Krafty Kontest... wish me luck! ;)

Shirley N said...

This is hot Amy, love it! Your little heart and pearls adds the perfect touch!

Andrea C said...

Oh my goodness this is supreme. WOW WOW and triple WOW you are AMAZING xxxx

Renkata said...

hi Amy,
wow I just love this cute card.
Amazing colouring in red.

Tonje said...

I think she looks fab in red. And that little heart makes it all just perfect.

Unknown said...

Ooooow this is awesome Amy, love that sweet stamp, so fintastic :) and congrats on being asked to be a Guest for Kimmie's stamps, that is great. xxx

donna mikasa said...

Such a delightful Valentine! Love how the patterned paper matches the coloring and design on her body! Congrats on the guest DT spot--you rock the Kimmie stamps!

Loz said...

LOVE IT!! She's perfect with that coloured tail, omw, I want to be you when I grow up!! :) ♥

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW... I love all the red, Amy! What a stunner, love every single detail!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is so stinking cute! I just love your colors and the papers. They work wonderfully together. Congrats on my on the DT. You are so talented that it really doesn't surprise me at all. :O) Hugs to you and the fur family. Talk to you tomorrow. Lisa

cowboydutrem said...

Wow! Coloring red is what I find the hardest, and you've done it perfectly! Beautiful card!

Kelly Booth said...

Such a great card Amy.....LOVE the Ribbon and the LO....

Alice said...

your coloring on her is absolutely gorgeous, Amy! what a beautiful card. love love this!

Tasha said...

ACK she is gorgeous, love he colours and the fab little heart she is blowing! SOOOOO fab!
love tasha xx

Hlora said...

wonderful Mermaid's theme_ it is what I love a lot))))