Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Orange you a great friend...

Mornin' fellow stampers!

I hope the day is treating you well. Thankfully I'm not feeling nearly as scattered this morning and I'm ready to face the day with a smile on my face. :)

So I managed to re-visit that card I had to set aside the other night and this time it all came together quite nicely. I used the new Olivia Orange from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps and she may just be my favorite of their newest release... seriously is it any surprise with her being all about orange? ;)
I wanted to play around with a different skin tone combination on her and after I had her colored her up I think I was subconsciously influenced by the Orange Blossom character from my Strawberry Shortcake days growing up, LOL!
I also made this for the KK challenge #63 to reduce, reuse and recycle. Originally I was going to use some packaging for my background but that wasn't working so in the end there is only one little thing on here that I re purposed and that is the button I added to Olivia's hair. It came off of an old favorite shirt of mine and I always thought that it looked like a sliced orange so I saved it for the perfect card. Well, it doesn't get more perfect than when the card itself is all about oranges, don'tcha think?

Oh! And before I forget... if you are a Sweet November fan be sure to head on over to our Facebook page to check out the month long contest we are hosting over there! As you may have guessed by now SN is taking February off because our March release is gonna be a BIG one, so in the meantime we want to see all of the cards that YOU are creating with Sweet November stamps! All you have to do is upload pics of your cards featuring SN stamps on our FB page to have a shot at winning the sweet prize that is up for grabs. The more cards you add the more chances you have of winning. I really can't wait to see all of that inspiration collected in one place so get creating and good luck! :)

TTFN! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (floral/dot), Sassafras (stripe), My Mind's Eye (orange solid)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (Olivia Orange and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown
Prima flowers
buttons
Kaiser Craft pearls
Fiskars deco edge scissors
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E21, E13, E15, E37, R22, E07
hair- E44, E47, E49, E57
clothes- Y38, YR04, YR16, YR18, YR68, YG03, YG25, YG95

20 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

She looks so great! The colors on this are just delish and I love the pretty flowers too :0) That button is so ridiculously perfect, what a fabulous idea!

PS: FB contest is up and ready now!

Larisa said...

Very good orange colour here - I am ready to try it even))) This looks so yummi! Nice image))

Juls said...

ooooooooh wow!!! this is just gorgeous!! great mix of Dp's, loving the sentiment, and as always your colouring is amazing!!! you are making me really want these stamps!!! LOL! Hugs Juls

chrilvian said...

oo what a lovely card
i like her skin
hhmmmm i need e07 and e15

i made 2 cards with the twisted sisters
i hope there will be some babiesstamps in de future........or a weddingstamp

Dotty Jo said...

She's just perfect! Love the button detail in her hair, Jo x

Lau W said...

OH Amy ! this card is just perfect, love your colouring, superb !
xxx

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Oooooo, I love it!! That button is just PERFECT and love the way the flowers look like they are falling!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

fabulous card, amy! love the orange theme. that button does look like an orange slice, love it! great mix of DPs, embellies, and trim. thanks for sharing and i hope you have a wonderful day, amy! *hugs* steph :)

Brenna said...

that is adorable!
brenna

Leanne said...

Aw, your favorite color right?! I love what you did with the orange theme and she looks lovely. I love the orange button in her hair. Really like how the fruit looks like it's laying in the bow. Fun and fabulous Amy!!

Marley said...

wow awesome card! Love the summer look of it..orange is a great colour! x Marley

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my word... this is so sweet and gorgeous at the same time, Amy! Love the pink, orange, and brown... so yummy! Your coloring is just amazing as always!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is wonderful! The orange is fun!

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Amy! Love your card!

gobeagirl said...

Amy she is so pretty. Your button does indeed look like an orange and like it was made for this. lol..Don't you just love it when something works like that? Anyway this is so pretty. I love the colors together and the orange is just perfects. Hugs, Lisa

1LuvnMama said...

Orange you so clever to add that orange button in here hair! :) Super cute Amy and in your fav color!

Nana Diana said...

This is just lovely, great way to use the flowers, so clever. Also love the orange button, so perfect!!

Tasha said...

WOW this is so cute! Loving the fabulous colours and your colour work - her hair looks amazing
love tasha xx

Alice said...

you colored her so beautifully! love the button in her hair. perfect touch! lovely card, Amy!

RiNNE said...

What a fabulous card!! She is beautifully colored and the muted orange and pink combo add a nice, romantic touch! ;)