Friday, May 20, 2011

Celebrate your day

TGIF everybody!
I'm enjoying a couple of days off and I'm debating on whether or not I should go see the new Pirates movie. It looks so good but I am not a fan of opening weekend crowds so we shall see.

Well I've finally got a card done for the first Emerald Faerie challenge and I'm so glad that it's a month long one because otherwise I wouldn't have made it in. For this first time out they have started with an easy anything goes theme and you don't even have to use one of the Emerald Faeries. But I don't know why you wouldn't want to because they are just too darn cute! :)

I've been dieing to color up the Larakins- Ashton & Boo for ages, so I printed them out nice and big so that they would create kind of a border along the side of my card. Then I grabbed one of my new Lime Twist paper pads because the bright and playful patterns really seemed to match the energy of these two scamps quite well. It wasn't long before I knew that this was going to be a birthday card so I didn't hold back with the colors on them either... have I mentioned how much I like coloring multicolor stripes? It's a look I could never pull off in my own wardrobe so whenever I can do it with a stamped image I just go to town, LOL! ;)

Okey dokey, time for me to see what needs to be done around here before I go play... TTFN! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/star die cut- My Mind's Eye (Lime Twist)
stamp- Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
digi stamp- Deb's Creations (Emerald Faeries The Larakins- Ashton & Boo)
Creative Cafe rub on stitches
KI Memories star gems
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
clothes- Y38, YR04, YR18, BG02, BG45, BG49, YG25, YG17, YG67, YG01, YG03, E44, E47, BG11, BG13, E43, R08, E09, E40, 0
wings- G0000, G00

26 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

Wow they are so, so, so cute! Love your multicolor stripes! Beautiful cheerful card!

Saskia said...

Great, funny card!!!!

Enjoy the weekend!

Saskia :)

chrilvian said...

aaaaah tis is funny
love the fresh colours

Sudha said...

Wow cheerful creation dear.

Larisa said...

wow!!! FAntastic!!! Very nice card! Love this image so much!!

kadie said...

Amy, this is absolutely ADORABLE!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. Hope you have a great couple of days off. I get Sat & Sun off and I am hoping to get the pool started for the summer. Think SUN! :O) This card is just adorable! Love the colors and the whole fun theme of it. TOO cute! Hugs, Lisa

Nancy Thomas said...

What an adorable image - I am going to check those out. A fun, fun card and look at all the cutting you did! I couldn't do horizontal stripes either but these are gorgeous. Enjoy your weekend!

martina's kaartjes said...

waaauw, what a fantastic card ! this is really great ! lovely colors !
greetings, martina
x

Jacilynn said...

Amy! this is so fun and bright. I love the bold colors. those fairies are A dorable!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, how fun. Those two look like they could cause some trouble. TFS.

Leanne said...

Aw-dorable!! Fun colors beautiful layout, fun embellies, and cute images.. Really adorable Amy. :)

Dotty Jo said...

Don't know how you do it Amy - your cards are always fabulous and this has to be one of my favourites!!!! Jo x

WickedPixie said...

Ack! I am totally loving the cute mischief of these guys! :-)Traci

scrapn_momof2 said...

Adorable card and image. Too stinking cute these guys are.

Danni said...

This is just TOO CUTE and fun!! LOVE it!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh these guys are having too much fun, love it!

RiNNE said...

This card makes me laugh! What fun stamps!! Love the tights and papers!!

ChickieChirps said...

Very cool Amy! I just recently discovered the Emerald Faeries and I love them. Love your card!

Arabella

Maria Therese said...

Aaaaaaaaa love this card!!!

1LuvnMama said...

Omg! They sure look like they're having fun! So cute in their bright colored pants. Oh yeah, I'm not big on opening night . . . then again, can't remember the last time I went to a movie. :) Have a great weekend Amy!

Tasha said...

WOWZERS Amy, if i didnt already love these papers i would now...you totally rocked them. I LOVE the image and how you have placed them on the card...fantastic design Amy
love tasha xx

vicmbee said...

I love how the Larakins are coloured up in brights.. Awesome card.. Thanks for joining in with the 1st Emerald Faerie challenge..
Vicki
xxx

Juls said...

such a fun card! Love the stitching detail down the side! Hugs Juls

KarenB said...

This is so cool!! Lots of fun and an amazing design :)

Viv said...

Amy this is ADORABLE!!!! Love the way you've hung the larakins down the side and fab paper for them !
Thanks for playing in the Emerald Faerie Garden. Viv :)