Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sweet November spotlight on Kris!

Good morning!

You didn't think we would miss Sweet November previews for June now did you? The peeks start tomorrow and in the meantime I'm so excited to be shining the Sweet November Guest Gal spotlight on a fantastic card maker and bloggin' friend... Krista Palakiko!
I 'met' Kris early on in my blogging adventure and she is just one of the sweetest most crafty, creative gals that I've been lucky enough to get to know and be inspired by. Kris' work has a very playful quality to it that I just adore. She loves using pattern papers as much as I do and she isn't afraid to mix and layer patterns into beautiful designs that work hand in hand with whichever stamped images she is using. I am completely tickled to have Kris bringing her whimsy and joy to the Sweet November June previews!

Ok, now it is time for Kris to answer the Sweet November questionnaire... which is always so much fun to read! :)

1) What color do you feel represents your personality and why?
Blue. There are many variations of blue. I believe that is why I'm so drawn to it. Calm, trustworthy, committed to name a few that represents this particular color. I'm easy going, committed and can be calm at times. However, the variations on the different shades of blue have different meanings as well and i feel my personality reflects those changes. Although I'm calm and laid back, my emotions and moods at times will reflect a deeper, mysterious blue. Which says wisdom or self mystery. I did some research on the color an it's symbolism and wow, I do reflect my personality on this colors... hehe!

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
Trick question, LOL. Yes and No. On a comparison, my style of dress is simple and conservative. Sometimes that reflection is presented in my card making. When I do over the top creations, it is not nearly close to how I dress. Everyday dress for me is jeans/shorts and a tank top. Maybe, for special occasions I'll do the 'dress up', but that rarely happens, LOL. You won't really catch me in bright colors like I use on my cards. hehe! i stay pretty neutral with browns and blacks. Home decor? Pretty simple and nothing extreme. With 3 kiddies terrorizing the place, there's no sense in having fancy things. Home decor pretty much consists of the children's artwork. Yes, even directly on the wall.

3) What is one thing that always puts you in a good mood?
On a personal level, my children. No matter how bad a day went, the smiles from my children ALWAYS melts my heart... Makes the bad go away... Now, as a crafting question, my craft room! That's my happy place... hehe! Craft supplies, music or a good movie and blog land...

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
Hmmm. I would travel back into the Middle Ages in Europe. There is so much history in these centuries. I'm more fascinated with the building of castles and churches, the way they dressed in beautiful gowns with gorgeous jewelry, the kings and queens and those beneath them. Wonderful constructed artwork in all form and sizes, cultures and way of life. These are the things that interest me more than the war and who was over thrown, whom fell to whom, etc. Seriously, my goal in this lifetime is to travel to Europe and take in all the beauty and history. Movies can only resemble parts of this era, but to actually be there to see and touch and experience has so much more meaning.

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why?
Could I be a fairy mermaid? LOL. Ok, if I had to choose one it would be a fairy. I love fairies in all of their mysterious wonders. They can be tiny or huge, live in a tree bark or under a rock. Very mysterious sometimes devious, but kind hearted, loving and magical. And with some fairy dust, maybe I could keep my craft room clean!

I think I need to get me some of that room cleaning fairy dust too, LOL! ;)


Now take a look at this amazing card featuring Virgo Zodiac Girl that Kris created. Talk about layers and layers of crafty goodness! I basically lifted her entire design because I really loved how that circle accent haloed the image and brought the focus right to the main image. For my card I chose to use Scorpio Zodiac Girl and I decided to alter her into a human girl by wiping away her tail before stamping. Then I pulled out some wide ribbon and embellished it with stick pins just like Kris and I was even lucky enough to have one of the fancy stick pins left that Kris made herself (I told ya this gal was crafty!) and gifted me with a while back... thanks Kris! ;)

Alrighty then, Kris will be joining Nancy, Rachel and myself in the June Sweet November sneak peeks starting tomorrow! Where we will be heading back down to the sea shore to meet some very special new friends. :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Basic Grey (Sweet Threads)
stamps- Sweet November (Scorpio Zodiac Girl), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
May Arts ribbon
Prima flowers
Doodlebug gems
fancy stick pin (from Kris)
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E31, E35, E37, E57, E79
eyes- BG09, BG18, G29, C9
lips- RV10, RV14, RV25
background- Y0000, Y000, Y00

18 comments:

Larisa said...

Oh, both cards are so cute))) Great image-stamps!

cowboydutrem said...

Both cards are lovely, my favorite is the second with the washed tones of the paper...
Can't wait for the previews!!!

Leanne said...

Yay Kris! As always, should be a fun preview. You both did a beautiful job with the Zodiac girls. I love the layouts and all the pretty papers, ribbons and accents.
Have a good week!

Mimi said...

GO Kris!! Cant wait to see the new release and what the SN girls will create!
Both cards are totally gorgeous! Love the vibrant colors on Kris' and the softness on your card Amy! I've yet to ink up my Pisces girl, but after seeing these two fab cards, I hope to real soon!! Have a great day! ;)

kris said...

Thank you for the awesome spotlight Amy!!! (jumpin' for joy!)... i LOVE the case!! the colors are beautiful and the alteration on this gal is rockin'!! Woooohoooo! =D

Unknown said...

Wow these are so pretty Amy, your colouring is fantastic. Big hugs xxx

Joy said...

sweet! love the card. both are fabulous! gotta love the hair on the girl you colored! sweet! have a good short week!

Shirley N said...

Yay, Kris! She's a sweetheart all right! Both cards are gorgeous--brings out the total beauty of your Zodiac Girls!

Unknown said...

Congrats Kris! Gorgeous cards! :)

Sammi said...

Gorgeous creations! Congrats Kris!!

Ooh.. can't wait to see what's at the seashore!!

Sammi
xx

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh how I miss coming to your blog, Amy! Gorgeous gorgeous cards, can't wait to see more!!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE Both cards and the Interview on Kris....Can't wait to see the New SN.....Hugs!!

1LuvnMama said...

Yay for Kris! She's gonna hit it outta the park for you Amy! You are gonna hit the grand slam with our amazing creations . . . already seen them on ATS blog! AMAZING!

donna mikasa said...

congrats on being an SN gal, Kris! have fun! looking forward to seeing more from you this week!

RiNNE said...

Congrats to Kris!! Both are cards are gorgeous! Love the coloring!! Am excited to see more mermaids :).

Lau W said...

2 superb cards, wonderful !
xxx

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy both your card and Kris' are both just beautiful. I love your soft colors on this one. It's not pastel, but rich and beautiful. Love it. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Both cards are just darling! It's always fun to get to know more about a person!