Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's my party...

Happy Saturday everyone!

I hope you are getting a chance to enjoy some lovely spring weather this weekend. The apple trees are starting to blossom around here and I love to just go outside and take a few big breaths because the air really does smell sweeter this time of year... simple pleasures I'm tellin' ya! :)

So I made this special card for a dear blogging friend of mine who recently celebrated her birthday. And I totally colored up this brand spankin' new Balloon Kaylee to look like the birthday girl... hopefully she likes it! LOL
Did y'all see that the first release of clear stamps at Some Odd Girl are now available in the SOG store? Kristy has taken some fave digis and turned them into stamps but a couple of the new images are exclusive to the stamp line and Balloon Kaylee is one of those. I think she is such a fun looking party girl and I couldn't help but pair her up with a couple of very sweet friends. Seriously, I could totally go for a giant cotton candy like that... YUM! Both the papers and treat stamps are Basic Grey and the quirky, cute look of them seemed like such a great match to the Some Odd Girl vibe that I just couldn't resist putting the two together. Yep, I think they are crafty BFFs! ;)

Ok, time for me to scoot... I've got the weekend off and big plans to help my mom with her garden for Mother's Day.
Have a good one! :)



Supply list:

cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It

paper- Basic Grey (Life of the Party)

stamps- Some Odd Girl (Balloon Kaylee and sentiment), Basic Grey (Life of the Party treats)

ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown

Fiskars border punch

button

Shabby Green Door twine

Ranger Stickles

Sakura stardust glitter pen

Copic Spica glitter pen

Copic markers:

skin- E00, E21, E23, R20

eyes- E35, E57, E59

hair- C5, C7, C9, 100

clothes- Y38, YR04, YR18, R20, R21, R22, R08, E07, E08, BG70, BG72, BG75, N5, N7, N9, G07, YG17, YG01

treats- BG10, BG11, BG01, R0000, R000, R00, RV000, RV10, 0, B34, B37, BG000

18 comments:

Hlora said...

Wow! It is so bright and beautiful))) Great image! The papers are so beautiful)))

Larisa said...

Love this card Amy) it is cute as always!

Tasha said...

This is so cute! Great colours and that paper rocks. Loving those icecreams
love tasha xx

Dotty Jo said...

This is fab Amy!!! I adore Odd Girls images abd love everything about this card, Jo x

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous! Love the image!!

Rhonda Miller said...

How fun. I love the little ice cream cones.

scrapn_momof2 said...

So cute and fun Amy!! Love the little ice cream cones.

Unknown said...

Fantastic Birthday card, Amy! Love the little ice cream! So cool!

Stamping Cafe said...

OMG... how adorable is this, Amy! Beautiful coloring on the Balloon Kaylee, love the buttons and twine too! Every time I visit your blog, my wallet gets skinnier! :) I need to order some Odd Girls and that BG stamp set!

Have a fabulous weekend, Amy! Hugs!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is so cute! I am sure your friend is going to love how sweet this is. I so agree with you on this time of year. Even though I love the summer for swimming spring is sooo sweet and I love the fact that you can go outside without a coat and not freeze or get heatstroke. lol... Wish your Mom a Happy Mother's Day from me. Have fun with the garden and enjoy your weekend off. Hugs, Lisa

Marley said...

Beautiful Amy! Love the colors.. xxMarley

Shirley N said...

Love your way with DPs, great layout Amy! And Balloon Kaylee and her friends are so cute. Gorgeous coloring Amy! Have a great weekend with your mom and family!

Juls said...

very cute!!! Loving the massive icecreams!!! yummmmm!!!! Hugs Juls

Brenda said...

What a fun card. Love the paper choices, so bright and colorful. Loving the new stamp. She is darling!!

donna mikasa said...

Balloon Kaylee looks mighty happy on your card! Love the BG papers--such a perfect match! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Unknown said...

O wow Amy I loove this, so colourful and so fun. Have fun with your mum... and hey, sorry not been around lately, been so busy. Hugs xxx

RiNNE said...

Your card is just so precious!! I adore the fun and yummy theme!!! And your coloring is brilliant especially her hair! So very awesome, Amy!

Leanne said...

This so screams cute Amy!! Kaylee looks awesome here and her friends make the party complete. Gr8 bunch of papers, a wonderfully fun card. Your blogging friend is going to love it. Have fun in the garden with your mom, don't forget your sunscreen. Hugs,