Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Piece by piece...

Howdy!
So did my fellow Gleeks enjoy prom? I thought it was a good show last night though don't hate me if I also thought it was a tad predictable. Still, I was totally diggin' the tunes... I have love, love, loved the Jar of Hearts song ever since first hearing it last summer on So You Think You Can Dance so it was cool to hear Rachel covering it. Then I got to thinking about which songs/artists would be on my Glee wish list and I would just die if they did some Annie Lennox, like Walking on Broken Glass or No More I Love You's, I think Kurt would totally rock that. :)
What about you... what would be on your wish list?

Ok well, considering it's Wednesday I'm sure y'all know that means it is time for a new challenge over at the ATS blog. This week we want to see you do some paper piecing with your stamped images. Talk about easy... with just a few snips of the scissors you can create wonderfully patterned clothes for your characters to wear. Talk about stylin'! ;)
I inked up Flitter Friend Strawberry once again and this time I paired her with some Garden Variety papers from Cosmo Cricket. The smilie faced strawberries were just too much to resist... a happy garden is a delicious garden, LOL!

So now it is your turn to do a bit of paper piecing and join the fun. Don't forget that every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your project must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please.

Later gators!

Supply list:

cardstock- Bazzill and PTI

paper- Cosmo Cricket (Garden Variety)

stamps- Sweet November (Flitter Friend Strawberry), Unity/Cosmo Cricket (bee sentiment)

ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown

Little Yellow Bicycle doily

Kaiser Craft pearls

Shabby Green Door twine

Copic Spica glitter pen

Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, E15

hair- E15, E17, E19, E18

eyes- B24, B26

wings- YG0000, YG01, 0

18 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

what a beautiful card ! great !
greetings, martina
x

RiNNE said...

Wonderful card! So cool that you've created a whimsical outfit by mixing patterns ;). And yes, those smiling strawberries make me smile in return. Thought the Glee episode was awesome last night. I loved most of the songs!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is 2 cute! :O) I just love her sweet face and the way she looks so shy. Really really cute. Wow, I have to give your Glee question some thought. I think more Beatles' songs would rock. I am also kind of waiting for them to do some more of ABBA's songs as Maddie and I love the movie Mama Mia. Have a sunny day. Hugs, Lisa

Kimberly S said...

What a sweet card Amy, and the paper piecing is beautiful! :)

Lau W said...

Superb card as always Amy ! So sweet !
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful and sweet Amy - I almost used a flitter friend this week too but at the last minute went with a princess instead. I am definitely going to paper piece their outfit next time since I'm loving yours here.

Tasha said...

Berry Sweet Amy! Sorry i had to!
Love the paper and the funky outfit you paper pieced. I love this layout its fab!
love tasha xx

~* steph :) *~ said...

so cute and SWEET, amy! love the strawberries and her strawberry pants. toooo cute! definitely makes me smile. thanks for sharing and i wish you a lovely rest of your week! *hugs* steph :)

Danni said...

So very cute!!

Юлика said...

So nice
as usual :)

Joy said...

so cute! gotta love the DP, the doily and even the image. love your paper piecing! hope you have a wonderful hump day!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is berry sweet, Amy! Love the paper pieced Strawberry, and the freckles on her cheeks... so sweet! Have a beautiful week, hugs!!

Leanne said...

Aww super sweeet! I love it all and that sentiment is perfect! Hope ur having a gr8 week! Hugs

Hlora said...

Cute card! There is so funny girl on it)))

1LuvnMama said...

Oh berrylicious cute and sweet Amy! Luv the fun bee sentiment! :) Have a great week!

Rosa Forino said...

trovo questa card fantastica BRAVA!!!

Hlora said...

Очень красивая открытка) Очень нарвятся такие штампы!!!!

Leanne said...

She is adorable and I love this layout. Mmm, I've got a hankerin' for some strawberries. TFS! :)