Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Gorjuss thank you...

Good morning friends!
Today is shaping up to be a beautiful one and I can't wait to make the most of it... I hope it's the same for you in your own little corner of the world. :)

So it has been ages since I had a new Gorjuss Girl to play with but when I saw that Sugar Nellie was going to have new GG images I had to jump on that pre-order. That was way back in February and because this time the stamps weren't being made by Sugar Nellie themselves there ended up being some setbacks and postponements on the manufacturers end. But finally at long last my order arrived last week and these new girls were well worth the wait!
There are six new rubber stamps and some clear acrylic sets... I ended up inking one of the new clear GGs up first. She is called The Owl and I think she is SO cute, I mean how can you resist that crazy little owl friend of hers? LOL
I paired her up with these great Twig papers from LYB because I thought the natural, woodsy look of them suited this pair of friends quite nicely. I even used some of it to paper piece her dress for a perfect match. I just love how this card turned out... there is something about the Gorjuss Girls, a kind of quiet shyness that is very different from most of my usual go-to stamps. I think that's why I love them so. :)

Alrighty, one more day off ahead of me and the possibilities seem almost endless... what to do, what to do... ;)

Later gators!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/fancy button- Little Yellow Bicycle (Twig)
stamps- Santoro (Gorjuss Girl The Owl), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Making Memories flowers
buttons
twill ribbon
Fiskars border punch
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E74, E77, E79, E49
clothes- E40, E41, 0, B00, B12, B14, B02, G20, G21, G24, B34, B37, B39, E42, E43, E44, Y26, Y19

18 comments:

Larisa said...

wow! It is so beautiful! I like her blue dress so much! I wonder what way did you make it?))

RiNNE said...

She's adorable! And your paper and design are magnificent! Love the colors and that cute owl!! Enjoy your day!

Juls said...

beautiful! Love your layout and the rounded corners! and the flowers finish it off beautifully! Hugs Juls

Hlora said...

She is very beautiful) I wonder what beautiful papers you used for your cards to be done) You are really happy over there)

Saskia said...

Beautiful card! Your colour-combination is great!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Mimi said...

She is so sweet!! Love the way you colored her air! and the papers are gorgeous! Have a great weekend Amy! ;)

Maria Therese said...

Luv your card sweetie :)

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous!!!! Is this one for sale yet - couldn't see her... she's a must have! How did you do the dress, is it paper piecing??? Lovely!!! Jo x

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy I love this color combination and fun image!

Kimmi said...

Oh she is so pretty. I love her dress! Great layout and papers!

Hugs

Kimmi x

donna mikasa said...

Love the new GGs! Your card is so sweet--love the woodgrain papers that match perfectly with that adorable owl! Thanks for enabling! Have a great weekend...

Chelsea said...

Very cute!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so cute and she and her friend are both just adorable! I love how you have colored her hair and all the highlights you have given her. I hope you are having a great day off. Our weather is somewhat overcast, but we still got the pool ready to go for the summer. Yay! Hugs, Lisa

Chrissy said...

She's very sweet Amy..love the cute wee owl.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Sudha said...

Sweet creation.

Lau W said...

Oh how much i love your card, so cute girl ! Very nice !
xxx

Leanne said...

She is so sweet, and her owl friend is adorable! Love how you grouped the flowers and those mixed and matched papers. Pretty cool! TFS! :)

Pam Varnell said...

Another cutie pie Amy. LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you colored her hair :)