Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fluttering Flitter Friends

Hola!

So what did my fellow Gleeks think of last nights episode? I didn't realize that it was going to be a Fleetwood Mac night until the show started and then I was giddy with excitement! I ♥ the Rumours album so it was a good night for me. :)
Not only was the music awesome but the story lines were great once again. I loved the return of Kurt last week and it just feels like the momentum keeps building and building from there so next week should be really interesting!
Ok, gleek out moment over, LOL!

So today I've got a card that is pulling double duty. Not only does it work for the ATS Wednesday challenge, which is anything goes. But I was also asked by Danni, of Flutter By challenge fame, to be a guest for her this week too. And wouldn't ya know that the challenge there is open as well... sweet! :)

It was a no-brainer that I'd be pulling out some Flitter Friends for this card because even though you can use a butterfly, angel or fairy to qualify at Flutter By I'm a fairy nut and any excuse to get one on a card is good enough for me. I ended up using both Raspberry and Blueberry together because the scene they create just cracks me up. Doesn't it look like Raspberry is about to give Blueberry a big squeeze and Blueberry isn't quite sure whether she should fly away or give in to Raspberry's affection? I think she'll stick around for the hug though. ;)

So if you would like to play along with the Flutter By challenge this week, just make sure that you use a butterfly, fairy or angel and once you've created your NEW creation leave a direct link in the InLinkz before midnight (PST) next Tuesday.

And as always the ATS challenge has a new and exciting prize up for grabs and in order to be eligible to win, your project must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please.

Alrighty, thanks so much for fluttering by... I'm off to do a bit of spring cleaning and then have some fun on my day off! :)




Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Lime Twist)
stamps- Sweet November (Flitter Friends Raspberry and Blueberry), Basic Grey (thought bubble)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls and flower gems
ribbon
My Mind's Eye Lime Twist twine
Fiskars scallop edge scissors
computer generated sentiment
Sharpie white marker
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
raspberry hair- RV55, RV66, RV69
raspberry clothes- BG13, BG15, BG18, YG93, YG95, YG13, BG0000, 0
blueberry hair- BG10, BG11, BG13, BG53
blueberry clothes- RV00, RV10, RV11, B95, B97, B99, RV17, RV19, YG0000, 0

34 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

Too cute! Love these two together!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!!! This is soooo darn cute!! as always!!!!!!!!
hugs, heidi brawley

Unknown said...

SO CUTE! I love their hair!

Unknown said...

Hey Amy, this is soooo sweet .. I love that hair colouring :)) and sweet adorable stamps. Big hugs xx

CLaire said...

That is so so cute....the hair looks real.... love all the colours...

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy this is sos SWEET!!~

Juls said...

those 2 are just gorgeous together, Love the coloured hair!

Hugs juls

gobeagirl said...

Goodmorning Amy. This card is just adorable! Love your babies on it. They are just so sweet and the colors as so pretty. I could not agree with you more when it comes to Glee last night. Both Jerry and I were singing along. lol...Much to the M&Ms disproval. lol... Loved everything about last nights show. Can't wait to see Blaine back next week as well. Love his voice. Hugs, Lisa

Robin said...

Your card is really great... they do look cute together!
The episode sounds great... I love Fleetwood Mac too!!! Will have to wait till on DVD though since behind in Ireland as usual!
Robin

Rhonda Miller said...

How sweet. What a fabulous card.

Kristie W. said...

Thank you for being our guest at FBW this week!! I love your card, your fairies are so bright and cute!

Nancy Thomas said...

Not a Glee fan but if I had known they were singing Fleetwood Mac songs I would have watched it!

Love these two flitter friends together - beautiful,fun colors. I really like their colorful hair.

Tress said...

One of your best to date! Absolutely adorable!

Mimi said...

Adorable card Amy! Love the fun colors and flowers! Their hair colors are too cute!! ;)

Lau W said...

Oh they're so cute together, your card is really adorable !
xxx

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Such a sweet whimsy card! I love these 2 together! They look like they could get into a lot of fun trouble too :) Very pretty!
hugs, margie

Karen said...

Very cute card. Definitely will cheer someone up :)

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

We have Glee over here too!!!! And I love it. We are in the second period... so no idea what you talk about... But me and my DD and DS are sitting in front of the TV every Tuesday evening watching Glee!!!
So fun to read that watch it too!!!
And I LOVE Rumors! So looking forward to see that episode!

Oh.. and thanks for your sweet words at my blog about Black Berry. She was so much fun to color!

Can I ask you to consider to enter in the DT of the Brand New Christmas Challenge blog from Janneke and me? I love and admire your work and would be so honored to have you in our team! Please???

Well... it's a big story here now... I will leave it by this.
Sending you a big hug
Marion

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Oh Shoot me... forget to tell you that I was so smiling when I saw your card and the text with it!!! I was totally in love with the two of them combined like this!
Jjust adorable!
xxx

Joy said...

what a fun card! love the two chatting! love the layout and the DP is fab. have a good week!

Mette said...

These are just too cute Amy and I love the fresh and fruity colours. Brilliant card with lots of little details.

Hugs, Mete

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Amy. A very pretty card and lovely colours
Clairexx

Angie said...

First off, your card is so stinkin' cute! Now on to the serious stuff... GLEE! I loved the episode so much. I love GLEE, but the storylines are light and fun. Adding in the "heavy" topic of Sam's family losing their house, jobs, etc was a great turn. I think this show is just getting BETTER. I also am SO happy that Kurt is back! I missed having him at McKinley! This was my fav. show so far. It made me tear up!

Danni said...

Thank you so much for being a guest for my flutter by challenge!
I simply {heart} your card!! Such happy colors and such sweet little Flitter Friends!! Adorable!

Leanne said...

Ahahaha!! This is so CUTE!! I have to shout it out. Raspberry has the most adorable face! This scene is so perfect Amy! Congrats on being a GDT with Danni's Flutter by group. :D Have fun spring cleaning!

serina said...

this card is super cute!! i love the colors!

donna mikasa said...

Toooo cute, Amy! Love how you combined two of your Flitter Friends--such a happy card!

1LuvnMama said...

I am just laughing right now! This is so darn cute Amy! Luv the word bubble and that sentiment is just too much for me to handle! hee, hee! Goes perfect with these 2 flitter friends . . . I don't know which one needs a hug the most? I think I do! Have a great day.

Stamping Cafe said...

OMG... how sweet and adorable is this, Amy! Love love love how you combined the two fairies, and that sentiment is just perfect!! I adore it so much!! Hugs!!

Anna said...

Oh, my gosh! Love the polka dot bottoms! So glad you could join us at Flutter By Wed as a guest designer!

Unknown said...

This is just darling!!! I love this card so much... This is so funny card. The two cute little are very beautiful.. Need hugs...?so funny
Thanks for this great card.
Ecommerce website development

Hlora said...

these two images in one are so great!!! Very nice card!

RiNNE said...

Brought a smile and chuckle to my face. Oh so cute!!

Tasha said...

SO CUTE! that speach bubble is awesome, looks like it was made for this card. Love the colours you have used, they are fab papers
love tasha xx