Sunday, May 22, 2011

Reach for the sky

Hello my friends!
The rain has made a return and I never did get around to making the trip to see Pirates but all in all I still had a very nice couple of days off. That being said, I've got a lot to do at work today so I'll be kept quite busy. :)

My card today is for the Some Odd Girl challenge... when I saw that it was to create a scene, I knew I wanted to jump right in and play. Creating scenes, or telling little stories with my stamped images is one of my favorite things to do. This time I was flipping through some more of the Lime Twist papers and I came across this large hot air balloon print. I knew immediately which little SOG girlie would be right at home on it and that was Roller Mae. I went with a tall, skinny design to really showcase the balloons and I can just imagine Mae out skating in the park on a sunny afternoon when all of a sudden she spots the giant hot air balloons rising into the sky and sailing off into the distance. Then she starts to imagine herself riding away in one as the wind dances through her hair. And with that dream she skates on just a bit faster... :)
See what I mean about creating stories? I just can't help myself! LOL

Well, I suppose it is time for me to wrap this up and get moving... have a good one everybody!
Smooches! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Lime Twist)
digi stamp- Some Odd Girl (Roller Mae)
stamp- Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E59
clothes- B95, B97, B99, G0000, G000, G00, W00, W1, 0, R05, R08, E19, Y38, YR04, YR18, Y13, Y17, Y35, YG25, YG17, YG67, B14, B16, B18, C5, C7, C9

17 comments:

Craftdee said...

Great card; I love the image and the papers/sentiment work with it beautifully, thanks for sharing, Dee

Mimi said...

Just too cute Amy! Fabulous scene and just love her rainbow socks!! Have an awesome day! ;)

Amy said...

I am in love with this!! SO cute!!

Leanne said...

Terrific scene Amy. I always love how you can tell a story with you projects. She's adorable and looks right at home here. Have a gr8 Sunday! :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a fantastic creation love the hot air balloons!

gobeagirl said...

Miss Amy. This is such an adorable card. She looks so cute with her roller skates. I can just imagine watching hot air balloons and rolling along. What can I say (for the hundredth time)you should be an author. Be it for children's stories or what, but you could write them and illistrate them all. You have such talent. :O) We did indeed get the pool opened up and super shocked. I was so happy that it was in awesome shape this year compaired to last when I let both my Jerry and my sister's Jerry (brother-in-law, lol) talk me into not bothering to winterized it. I grew up with a pool and I should have stuck to my guns. Needless to say this year we did winterize it and all we had to do yesterday was take off the winter covers and add more water, super shock it and hook up the pump. We put the solor blanket on and hopefully with good weather by next weekend we will swim. Hugs, Lisa

MagsB said...

Lovely card - it really tells the story! I especially love her gorgeous stripy socks!!

luv, Mags x

Pam Varnell said...

This is adorable Amy. Love that patterned paper. Beautiful!!!

Christiana said...

What an adorable little scene! I love her Rainbow-Brite legwarmers! Your coloring is so amazing, as always. I just sigh with awe and longing when I look at it! ;o)

Patricia said...

super cute card I love all the ballons and your coloring is amazing

kadie said...

This is SUPER DUPER CUTE!!

WickedPixie said...

Hiya Amy! First, I apologize for not leaving comments as often as I used to. I want you to know how happy your cards make me each and every day! This one brought such a BIG smile to my face (and the post has been sitting open to remind me to let you know that!) So fun, so adorable, so beautifully colored! Thanks so much! :-) Traci

1LuvnMama said...

You have such the array of papers Amy! Luv this paper with the hot air balloons . . . perfect for this Odd Girl! Yep, you make me smile too with your creations!

Unknown said...

First, love that the card is so long and tall! Fun shape! Next the scene you created is just so fun and serene and dreamy! Great execution and coloring! :D Thanks so being Odd with us!

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Loving the tall card and the layout with the balloons in the background is just fab!! Hugs Juls

Sarah Rice said...

love the rolling hills and the hot air balloons!! awesome tall card!

thanks for playing with us at some odd girl :)

Unknown said...

WOW, stunning card, and I love those colourful leg warmers. Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl!
Caz
x