Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer lovin'...

Hi-dee ho neighboreenos!

I'm running behind this morning... seems like this happens quite a bit towards the end of each month as deadlines start nearing, but there just isn't much I can do about that. So I'll be keeping today's post short and sweet. :)

When I saw the Farm Fresh Friday challenge was summer lovin' over at TGF it finally gave me the chance to ink up this new cutie, Surfer Anya. And at first I was just going to use her as-is but then I spotted Surfer Ian and I suddenly saw them riding the waves together. So I did a bit of altering, wiping away part of the board she was carrying and drew in a new arm for her. Then I also stamped up an extra Ian board that I wiped his feet off of, and finished off the missing lines with my trusty Copic multiliner pens. I cut them all out and glued Anya onto her new board... voila! Now she's actually out there on the water right along side her honey... awwwww! ;)
Considering I had two stamped images for one card I kept the embellishing to a minimum, but with this great beachy paper from Fancy Pants I really didn't need much else. Those fish in the print totally crack me up!

Alrighty, time for me to scoot... check ya later! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Fancy Pants (Beach Babe)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Surfer Anya and Surfer Ian), Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox Creamy Brown
The Twinery twine
Copic markers:
skin- E01, E11, E13, R00, R20
hair (anya)- E50, E51, E53, Y23, YR21, Y26, E35
hair (ian)- E35, E57, E59
swimsuit/board (anya)- RV21, RV23, RV25, RV10, RV11, RV13, Y13, Y15, Y17, B02, B04, B05, BG0000, BG000, 0
simsuit/board (ian)- YG03, YG25, YG17, Y13, Y15, Y17, BG0000, BG000, 0, R05, R08, E19, Y15, Y26, Y28

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi this is gorgeous Amy, love the bright fun colours. .. and yes love your fish he he :)

Maria Therese said...

Love your coloring and boy does this card say summer :) Me like!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Ok this is ridiculously CUTE! I love the two of them together and I just got that FP pad so now I've got all kinds of ideas in my head ;0) Totally fun and happy!

Lau W said...

This card is fun ! Love colors, papers, these stamps are so cute !
xxx

RiNNE said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Luvin the alterations, girlfriend! And that scene, especially with the fishes is perfecto!!!!!

Craftdee said...

This is so cool! Love that paper, it goes SO well with the images. Thanks for sharing, Donna

gobeagirl said...

Good morning Amy. I love this. For some reason when I read your title and I totally know it's the name of the challenge I started sing Summer Lovin from the original Greese. lol..I love your card! I love your alterations and the coloring everything! So cute! Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Mimi said...

So cute Amy! Love the two surfers together, just adorable! Awesome altering job and coloring! The paper is just perfect... how do you find them all?!! Have a great day! ;)

Unknown said...

So adorable! :)

Leanne said...

Awe, this is so rad! I love when u alter images, you are the queen! This is a perfect summer lovin' scene. Hope ur doing well and having a good day. There was a marathon of Glee on Saturday, so I got a chance to catch up. Hugs, :)

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful pairing of the two Surfers! It had to be you to do this! And the papers are just the perfect background--even those funny fish!

Rhonda Miller said...

How fun. TFS.

Shirley N said...

How cute is this, what a great scene you've created for Surfers Anya and Ian, Amy! Beautiful fun card!!!

Joy said...

this is so sweet! I just inked this one and recalled her carrying the surf board! love how you altered it and now she can surf the wave w/ her pal Ian! this is just too cute! I got the same DP too! have a good Monday!

Kimberly S said...

How adorable! You are so amazing with your altering. :)

kris said...

OH MY this is SMOKIN' HOT!!!!! Fabulous job on the challenge Miss Amy!!! Lovin' it!

Unknown said...

Totally fabulous summer card, Amy! You rock the challenge!

1LuvnMama said...

Winner in my eyes! :) Hey, how's it hanging? Surfs Up! Hang 10! Luv both Anya and Ian surfing it up together catching the perfect wave! :) Amazing Amy!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG!!!! This card is totally Amazing and soooo darn cute. Love it. They are sooo cute together! you rock!!!!!
hugs, Heidi Brawley

Juls said...

too cute!! Loving the twine detail! Hugs Juls

Chelsea said...

Cute cute card!