Monday, January 4, 2016

Hugs...

Good morning! 

I hope the new year is treating everyone well. We have been ringing it in with a fresh powdering of snow and some freezing cold temps. This hasn't been so great for my intention to get out and start walking more but it is perfect for spending some quality time in the crafty room. This card is a result of that time and I'm sure you can see the inspiration I pulled from my surroundings, LOL! 
I inked up the darling Valerie with Snowman stamp from Stamping Bella for my card and while I love this image I'm not super crazy about images that have the hair inked in dark, giving you no choice but to have dark hair on your character. What can I say... I like have options! So before stamping I wiped away the inside of Valerie's hair leaving only the outline. Then I penned in a few wispy strands for definition and voila... a blank head of hair that I could color any hue I pleased. Once that was done the card came together super quick with its pretty pastels and these two freezey friends.  :)

Thanks for stopping by... ta ta!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Oriental Trading
stamp- Stamping Bella (Valerie with Snowman)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
My Favorite Things stitched scallop circle die
Paper Smooches hugs die
Martha Stewart snowflake border punch
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, Y32, E53
clothes- V01, V12, V15, V09, B01, B41, R000, R20, R21, E81, 0, E44
snowman- BG0000, C1
sky- BG10, 0

3 comments:

Juls said...

Beautiful, love the soft colours xx

Heidi Brawley said...

EEK!!! ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! Love her as a blonde better!!!! lol lol cute cute card Amy!!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Dotty Jo said...

She certainly looks fab as a blonde doesn't she! Gorgeous card, Jo x