Thursday, March 21, 2024

Hello Spring...

Hello!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog and my card today is a celebration of this Spring season that finally feels like it is in full swing. I thought it would be cute to pair the sweet bunnies in the Forest Friends set with the mama duck from the Pig Out set and ducklings from the Singing in the Rain set. All together they make a happy gathering of adorable critters that represent the season of growth and new life.Whenever I am masking a lot of images together I always start with the ones that I want to be most forward within the scene. In this case I began by stamping the first two ducklings and bunny gazing at the flower using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. Once I had them covered by masks I stamped the next row of ducklings before masking them and stamping the hopping bunny and mama duck. Finally, with the hopping bunny masked off, I could stamp the tall standing bunny at the very back of this group of friendly critters.  A butterfly from the Meadow Bunnies set and some flowers from the Pig Out set and I was ready to start coloring using my Copic markers. 

The idea was to create an overgrown path running up a small hillside so I began by coloring in the dirt path, making sure that the top was more narrow than where it ended at the bottom of the card in order to create some perspective within the scene. I then colored in the blue sky so that when I added the tall grasses on the top of the hill I could color right over top the sky for a smooth transition between the two. With the background laid out, all that was left was to bring these sweet critters to life with some color of their own. With the scene completely colored in, I then added the pretty scalloped Gallery Frame #2 die in a pale yellow card stock. I stamped a sentiment from the Spring Gatherings set onto a scrap of white card stock using Catherine Pooler Fiesta Blue ink along with another butterfly from the Meadow Bunnies set. Using a pair of old Fiskars mini scalloped edge scissors, I gave the tag a decorative bottom then added a bow up top using white jute. A sprinkling of tiny enamel dots add a bit of shine to the embellished tag that I then added to the card using foam adhesive to give it a bit of lift. It all comes together to create this sweet Spring scene that just makes me smile.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink, Simon Says Stamp and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Forest Friends, Pig Out, Singing in the Rain, Meadow Bunnies and Spring Gatherings)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Catherine Pooler fiesta blue

Hello Bluebird Gallery Frame #2 die

Fiskars mini scallop deco edge scissors
Doodlebug Sprinkles

May Arts jute

Copic markers:

bunnies 1 and 3- W0, W2, W3, W4, R000, R30
bunny 2- BV00, W0, E40, E81, R000, R30

ducklings- Y11, YR31, Y26, R30, YR68, YR18
mama duck- E53, E55, E25, E27, E44, R20, YR68, YR18

grass- YG03, YG25, YG17, YG63, G24, G46, G94

sky- B0000, B000, B00, B01, 0, C0

path- E31, E34, E42, E43, E44
flowers/butterflies- RV10, RV21, RV13, G07/Y02, Y13, Y18

0 comments: