Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Happy Birthday...


 Hello crafty friends!

A few month's back Whimsy Stamps released two clear sets, one featuring dogs and the other featuring cats and for every one of these sets that is sold $1 is donated to the Gulf Coast Humane Society. Having a number of four legged family members myself, many of which came to me through our local Humane Society, this issue is near and dear to my heart. There are so many amazing animals out there just waiting for their forever homes so any little thing we can do to help make more adoptions happen is a good thing in my book. 

Of course I got both the Adopt Don't Shop Cats and the Adopt Don't Shop Dogs but my kitties would never let me hear the end of it if I didn't ink up the Cats first, LOL! So for my card today I stamped up the clowder of cute kitties using desert sand ink for a bit of no-line coloring along with one of the sentiments from the set. Then I had to decide on a background for them. My first thought was to put them on a couch but I've colored some couches before and I wanted to challenge myself so instead I decided to make them alley cats and put them smack dab in the middle of the city. Sure, it's probably a lot cleaner than any actual real alleys but I didn't want them struggling too much while waiting for a friendly family to come take them in. 
If you haven't picked up these wonderful stamp sets yet, I strongly suggest you add them to your wish list. The images are adorable and so fun to color and it really is helping a great cause. :)

Later gators!

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Whimsy Stamps (Adopt Don't Shop Cats)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and desert sand
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
cat 1- E50, E42, Y32, YR21, YR24, YR27, E93, E97, E99, E04
cat 2- C1, C2, C4, C5, C6, C9, 100
cat 3- W2, W3, W4, W5, W7, W10, 100
cat 4- E50, E42, T3, T4, t5, Y32, YR31, YR65, E93, E95, E99, E39
cat 5- E40, E30, E31, E33, E93, N1, N2, N4, N6, N9, 100
ground- C0, C1, C2, C3, C5, Y00
left building- E21, E13, E23, E15, E51, T2, T4, T5, T6, T9
middle building- E41, E42, E43, W6, W9
right building- W0, E71, E42, E43, E30, E33, W3, W5
garbage cans- G40, G02, G19, G28, G29, BG99, B41, B24, B29, B39
posts- Y00, Y21, Y26, E97
trees- YG03, YG25, E57

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Oh my! Look at them all. What a great little scene, Jo x

Jhays said...

Adorable scene! Love it!

Julie D. Richards said...

Oh my, I love this whole scene. Such adorable kitties. Hugs.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE Sooooo darn Adorable!!!! I don't own any cats but this is really is soooo cute!!!!!!!!!!
hugs, Heidi

aprettypinkpeony said...

This is so awesome Amy! I hope to learn to color backgrounds someday...lol

Ann - AnnDesigned said...

I just bought both of these sets! Thanks for telling me about them!