Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Hey pumpkin...

Hey friends!

 
I hope you are in the mood for another Halloween card. Yesterday I stamped up the cute Smokey cat stamp from Purple Onion and paired him with the Happy Pumpkins stamp for a spooky sweet card. I wanted to try something a little different for the background, like a soft autumn sunrise with mist hanging low on the ground. I ended up adding some tombstones because I quickly realized that in order for the mist to look like mist it needed to be obscuring objects and adding the tops of tombstones was quick and easy. Adding the wrought iron fence between them and the large tree in the foreground really cemented my little graveyard in place. The spiderwebs up top came about because when I added my sentiment, there was some lint on my stamp that picked up the ink as well, making it look a bit messy. Because I really didn't want to have to stamp the scene again I figured I could try and make the oops look a bit more intentional. So I grabbed the large spider web stamp from Whimsy's Fuzzy Spiders set and added it to each corner then I just grabbed my handy dandy Copic black multi liner pen and added a few more lines in connecting the web to the scripty lettering a la Charlotte's Web. LOL! 

I will say, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out though I definitely want to keep practicing at that misty look. Always keep pushing yourself outside that comfort zone because that is where we learn and grow as artists. :)

Laters!   


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Purple Onion Designs (Smokey and Happy Pumpkins), Whimsy Stamps (Fuzzy Spiders) and Simon Says Stamp (senitment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen

Copic markers:
pumpkin 1- YR15, YR07, E08, E27, Y17, YR27, E81, E84, E87
pumpkin 2- YG00, G21, G24, YG45, G46, Y17, YR27, E81, E84, E87
pumpkin 3- YR30, YR31, E50, E31, BV0000, BV000, Y17, YR27, E81, E84, E87

kitty- T3, T4, T5, T6, Y38, YR07, E18
sky/mist- YR30, E30, 0, C00, C0, C1
ground- Y32, YR23, YR24, E30, E31, E44, Y0000, Y00, Y02

trees/gravestones- V20, V22, BV20, BV23

trees- E31, E43, E44, E34
fence- N3, N6, N9