Saturday, October 24, 2020

I put a spell on you...

Hello, hello!
 
With only a week left to go before Halloween finally arrives, you know I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to squeeze in one more Bella card during spooky season. So I'm up on the Bellarific Blog today with a fabulous stamp from the most recent release for today's Scenic Saturday. I'm a big fan of the Curvy Girls in general and when I got my hands on Curvy Girl Loves Halloween I knew that I couldn't make her wait until next year before getting onto a card. She is just way too cute in her tiny pointed hat and star spangled mini. Because I went with a black and white color scheme on her dress and hat I decided to color on bright green tights for an extra pop of color and added it to the ribbon on her hat as well. It's also a simple yet effective way of making her appear to be dressed a bit warmer as she floats there in the open doorway on a cold Halloween night. And yes, I said floats... LOL! Sure she could just be your typical fan of Halloween, dressed up to give trick or treaters their loot but I wanted to subtly imply that perhaps there is a bit more magic going on here than first appears. So by moving the shadow she is casting slightly away from her feet it creates the sense of her floating above the floor. It's the little touches like that which always tickle my crafty little heart. ;) 

Alrighty, so stay spooky this week bellas!


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Curvy Girl Loves Halloween
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- YR14, E19, E18, E49
clothes- C0, C3, C6, C8, C9, C10, YG00, YG07, G07, G29
candy bucket- Y17, YR04, YR09, E18, V04, V09, Y15, YR07, R08, Y38, YG17, R27, YG23
background- Y0000, Y000, Y11, Y21, Y26, Y28, E41, E44, E47, E49, N2, N3, N7, W5, W7, W9, T7