Sunday, March 26, 2023

All of me...

Olo!

Because we are still showcasing the Spring clear release at Sweet November Stamps this weekend, I chose to color the mama fox and her kit from the Little Moments stamp set during the Live coloring yesterday on my Adventures in Coloring with Amy Facebook page. These two were the last pair of forest critters from that set that I had yet to color and I couldn't wait to create this rainy day burrow scene that I imagined for them. I did some masking to tuck baby in close to mama with her tail wrapped around to keep him warm and protected. I also masked off the background with a half circle shape so that when I stamped the trees from the Horizon Lines: Spring in Bloom set parts would be cut off, leaving me room to color in the burrow opening from scratch. During the Live we talked about using de-saturated colors on the distant landscape versus brighter saturated colors on the objects and characters that are much closer to us, the viewer as well as coloring fur texture. I always enjoy when we get a good discussion going that is helpful to those watching and gets them even more excited about coloring.  :)

Well, I've got a busy day ahead of me. Enjoy your Sunday!

 

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler

stamps- Sweet November Stamps (Little Moments and Horizon Lines: Spring in Bloom)

ink- Memento tuxedo black and london fog, Catherine Pooler icing on the cake
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:

Sorry, I didn't keep a list but you can see the colors used here

0 comments: