Sunday, March 26, 2023

Spring has sprung...

Hello there!

I'm up on The Greeting Farm blog today and even though I've received the newest Anya Combo kit, my crafting OCD won't let me move on until I get the last two Anyas from the original Anya Combo kit onto their own cards. To that end, I inked up this beautiful Anya with the head of fabulous curly hair for today's card. Even though I love her hair, it didn't leave a lot of room for scene building behind her on my A2 sized card so I had to get creative. The first thing I did was shift to a horizontal layout rather than vertical. This gave me about two inches to fill with a scene off to the left hand side of the card. Once again I went to the digital stamps section of the store to find the perfect elements to help create this Anya's story. I finally settled on her taking a walk in the park, enjoying a sunny spring day. The tulips from the new Happy Easter Anya set immediately say spring and I added the butterflies from the Gardening set fluttering around them. Next I grabbed the bench from the Park Lunch set and the tree from the Food Truck set. One of the great things about digital stamps is the capability to resize them and I took full advantage of that fact, shrinking the tree, bench and first bunch of tulips really small so they look quite far off in the distance. I then enlarged some more tulips and one of the butterflies so they would be up close, next to Anya. This was such an easy way to add a lot of depth to the completed scene. All that was left to do was color Anya and the background in pretty spring colors and I went with a lot of pretty pinks and greens. Now if only my real life days would be this nice, I would be just as happy as Anya here.  ;)

Stay crafty my friends! 

 

Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler

digital stamps- The Greeting Farm
(Happy Easter Anya set, Gardening set, Park Lunch set, Food Truck set and Easter Sayings set)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Anya Combo kit)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

Pear Blossom Press gold gel pen

Sharpie extra fine white pen

Sakura stardust glitter pen

Copic markers:
skin- E21, E13, E15, E37, R20
hair- YR23, YR24, E44, E47, E49
clothes/purse- B95, B97, B99, RV00, RV10, RV02, RV32, RV55, C3, YG25, E81, E84
sky- BG0000, BG000, BG01, BG53, C0, 0
dirt/grass- E31, E34/YG01, YG03, YG25, YG63, G94, G99
tulips- YG17, BG96, YG11, YG13, RV00, RV10, RV02, RV32

sidewalk/bench- W3, W4, W5, W6/E55, E57

tree/hedge- E23, E25, YG05, YG17, YG67/YG41, YG45, G43

butterflies- Y11, Y15, Y18

 

0 comments: