Thursday, March 23, 2023

Happy Easter...

 Hello!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog with a card that combines one of the great scene building dies with a background scene stamp. It is no secret that I'm all about stamping and coloring in background scenes for my characters so I figured doing a mash up like this would get me playing with the dies a whole lot more. With an Easter themed card in mind, I pulled out the Mushroom House background stamp and then found the Winter Birch Scene Die to pair with it. I figured the birch trees would do a great job of framing the house and adding more depth and dimension to the overall scene. To start, I used the Winter Birch Scene Die to cut out a blank piece of Copic X-Press It card stock. I then stamped and colored the Mushroom House using Copic markers, before cutting it out with the Winter Birch Scene Die as well. Next, I grabbed the blank bottom panel from the die cut pieces and stamped the bunny and birds from the Meadow Bunnies set onto it along with the eggs from the Little Painters set. I then proceeded to color that panel to match the Mushroom House above. Before piecing the scene all together I grabbed the blank trees and added some soft shading to them using a few warm grey Copic markers. That way they wouldn't look unfinished when put side by side with all of the colored panels and instead they now blend seamlessly in with the rest of the background. On a white card base I started putting my card together by first gluing on the outside frame. From there it was like putting together a fun puzzle, piece by piece. It felt a bit like magic watching everything come together to create a cute and cohesive scene. To complete this card and drive home the Easter theme I borrowed the small Happy Easter sentiment from the Easter Egg Hunt set and stamped it in a matching color on a small strip that I popped up with dimensional adhesive. I'm so happy with how this card turned out and now I can't wait to see what other background stamps and dies I can mix together on future cards.  :)

Stay crafty my friends!

 

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Meadow Bunnies, Little Painters, Easter Egg Hunt and Mushroom House)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Catherine Pooler sweet sixteen
Hello Bluebird Winter Birch Scene Die

Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:

bunny- E50, E81, E40, E42, E30, E31, E34, R000, R30, R02

birds- B000, B00, B01, B45, YR30, R21, R02, Y26

eggs- B000, B00, B01, B52, V000, V01, V12, Y000, Y11, Y21

grass- YG03, YG25, YG63, G94

flowers- Y11, Y02, Y18, YG13, YG17, BG96
butterfly- YR30, YR31, RV10, RV21
porch path- E31, E43, E34, W2, N3, C4
mushroom house- E81, E84, E40, V01, V12, RV63, V15, E55, E43, E44, B000, C2, C5, RV00, RV21, RV32

fence- E23, E27
sky- B000, B01

birch trees- W0, W2, W3, W4, W8
 

 

0 comments: