Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Happy September Birthday...

Hello there!

Here we are smack dab in the middle of the first week of September so I figured it would be a perfect day to share this card featuring the new September Morning Glory Fairy from Sweet November Stamps. This shy little cutie may have been easily overshadowed by all of the Halloween fun of the last clear release but now it is her month to be in the spotlight. After poppies, morning glories are a favorite flower of mine, especially the classic heavenly blue variety, which is where I pulled my coloring inspiration from. The simple scene behind her was colored in by hand and I was trying to make it look like she is standing at the bottom of a post that the morning glory vine is growing around. When it came time to add some embellishments to the card, I didn't have any blue gems in the right shade of blue so I grabbed some clear ones instead and used a Copic marker to color a few to match. :)

Thanks for stopping by!


Supply list:
cardstock- Simon Says Stamp and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Sweet November Stamps (September Morning Glory Fairy), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Catherine Pooler blue
Trinity Stamps dainty scallop rectangle die
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic markers:
sorry, I lost my list

0 comments: