Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Holiday cheer...

Olo!

I'm so happy because I finally got around to making a card for the current watercolor background challenge over at A Day For Daisies. First I printed off the chubby, cheery Snowball Scott and colored him up in some bright, traditional red and green. I love how rollie pollie he is and coloring his coat as it stretches across that big belly was a lot of fun. Then I grabbed some blue and yellow Distress Inks and 'smooshed' the colors on to the watercolor paper background. I purposely didn't leave a lot of drying time between the two because I wanted that mix of green to show up where they met. I think this background adds a playful energy to the overall design of the card which is just what I was going for. Needless to say,  I'm a very happy crafter.  ;)

Ok, time to bundle up and keep warm... the temps haven't risen above freezing for the past couple days and we are all feeling Jack Frost's pinch. I hope things are warmer in your neck of the woods.  :)   


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill, Copic X-Press It and Strathmore watercolor paper
digital stamp- A Day For Daisies (Snowball Scott)
stamps- Paper Smooches (sentiment), Doodlebug (snowflakes)
ink- Versafine onyx black and Versamark clear, Tim Holtz Mermaid Lagoon and Mustard Seed Distress
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
Lawn Fawn stitched border dies
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Tiny Buttons
Copic markers:
snowman- B0000, G000, C0, Y38, E57
coat- R05, R08, E18
hat- YG00, YG01, YG03, YG95, YG99


6 comments:

Tracey Ann said...

Wow Amy!!! Love how the colors came together on this... such a great background. And that snowman? Just love how you colored him! Complete inspiration!

Side note... temp is 82 here... sour grapes, eh? ;)

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is a cutie. I was sooooo darn busy yesterday I can't believe I didn't get to stop by here then!! I got most my work done yesterday so I can snoop the internet some.
Hugs, Heidi

Cathy P said...

Love your watercolor technique with this cute snowman, Amy! They create a cheery, happy card. Glad you played along with us at ADFD. Hope to see you for the next challenge! Hugs, Cathy xx

Alison said...

Your coloring of the snowman's shirt is just amazing! It looks like I could reach out and just touch it. I really love your background too. Thanks for joining us at A Day for Daisies!

Cindy said...

Cute card. Love the background effect you've created. Thanks for sharing with us at ADFD.

Jen Leeflang said...

Oh gosh - gorgeous card! Thanks for adding your lovely watercolour creation to our challenge at A Day for Daisies!
Love
Jen Leeflang
ADFD DT