Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Light of the season...

Hi there!

So I have been wanting to make a card for the newest ADFD challenge 'Modern Christmas' since it went up on Friday because I really liked the mix of black and white with the rainbow of bright colors. And I knew just the stamp that I wanted to color up for it as well, the super adorable Wild Star Nymph. I did a bit of altering to her black eyes so that I could color them in a nice deep blue just like Cindy Lou Who which this little gal kinda reminded me of. I used the rainbow of colors on the stars and kept the rest of the card design clean and simple for that mod Christmas look. My Wink of Stella pen sort of exploded a bit on the stars in her garland so for once you can actually see the sparkle on this card, LOL!  ;)

Ok, have a good one everybody!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Heidi Swapp (houndstooth), Making Memories (red)
digital stamp- A Day for Daisies (Wild Star Nymph)
stamps- Papertrey Ink (sentiment and Scribble Star set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Kaiser Craft gems
ribbon
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, V20
hair- YR30, YR31, Y11, E33
eyes- FB2, B66, B79, BG000, 0
lips- R43, R32
stars/shirt- R05, R08, R29, Y38, YR04, YR18, Y11, Y15, Y17, YG00, YG03, YG25, B01, BG05, B05, V04, V06, V09, RV25, RV09
wings- BG000, BG10

7 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful card, I love her big blue eyes!!

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is soooooooo cute!!!!!!!! Love her eyes and the houndstooth paper on here!!!!!!!
hugs, Heidi

Tracey Ann said...

So love this... she is just beautiful. Her eyes are mesmerizing! And love how she shines in this CAS layout. Thank you for sharing this!

Cathy P said...

Love what you have done here, Amy! The colors and papers are fabulous. Your card is so bright and cheery. The wing looks wonderful popped over the papers. I just used this same image for another card on my blog, so it's fun to see how you used her! I fell in love with these girls last year! Thanks for playing along with our Modern Christmas challenge at ADFD! Hugs, Cathy

craftshopper's creation said...

Love how you colored her eyes! Beautiful card!

Juliana said...

This is one of my favorite images!!
I love, LOVE the red!! Fabulous coloring, too!!!

Beautiful card!
I am REALLY glad you played along with us at A Day for Daisies!!!

Jen Leeflang said...

Oh, what a darling card! Thanks for joining us for A Day for Daisies' 'Modern Christmas' challenge. Please join us again soon.
Love
Jen Leeflang
ADFD DT