Thursday, December 24, 2015

Time to Jingle...

Hi there!

Well, we are here, Christmas Eve day. Are you ready? I'm thankful that I've pretty much got everything covered because I'm feeling a bit under the weather at the moment. Nothing serious, just a persistent cough but it is enough to zap some of my Christmas cheer. Hopefully the cough medicine will have me pepped back up before the big celebration tomorrow. 
I made my card for today in the spirit of Christmas Eve and Santa's magic ride. My friend Beth is an amazing card maker and this past Halloween she took the Cute Cottage die from Memory Box and only used the top half of it as a witch flew overhead. I thought this was such a genius use of that die that I was inspired to make a Christmas version of my own. So I grabbed the reindeer from the Lawn Fawn Critters in the Snow set and with a bit of masking created a whole team of reindeer to pull Santa's sleigh. I used a needle to wind the twine into a harness and the jingle bells actually came from the elf's hat in the MFT Santa's Elves set. I gotta say, this was a really fun scene to create. 

Here's hoping that Santa doesn't pass you by!
Hugs!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Lawn Fawn (Critters in the Snow), Mama Elephant (Jingle Greetings), My Favorite Things (Santa's Elves set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Memory Box Cute Cottage die and Frosted Roof
Doodlebug twine
Ranger Glossy Accents
Copic markers:
antlers- E81, E84, 0
nose/hooves- W9
fur- E30, E31, E34, E40, E42, E43, E44, E21, E23, E50, E51, E55
sky- Y11, B34, B66, 0

2 comments:

Tracey Ann said...

Love this card, and such a great idea with the die. Your coloring, shading, and layout are always so inspiring! :)

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I LOVE this scene you created!!!!!! Eek it is sooooo darn cute and creative!!!! LOVE it!!!!
hugs, Heidi