Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Bubbles of fun...

Olo! 

I found one last mermaid card sitting on my hard drive waiting to be shared, so here it is before the days of August come to an end. I made this back in May and it was another simple design that I made multiples of to fill orders for Sweet November. I had just gotten the Deckle Frame dies from Mama Elephant and I loved how the smallest die was a tag shape, which totally inspired the layout design for this card. I stamped one of the cute Merwees from the Merwee Party set on the first tag then added a few of the critters from the Something's Fishy set on the other tags. The bubbles in the background and the sentiment are all from The Deep: Background Builder set. A wash of simple sand and sea colors across all three tags brought them all together then all that was left to do was add some jute twine to the top and line them up across the card stock base, which I had stamped with a large splatter stamp to make it look sandy. Another quick and cute design that was a lot of fun to put together.  :)

Toodles!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Sweet November Stamps (Something's Fishy, Merwee Party and The Deep: Background Builder), My Favorite Things (Splatter Background)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, My Favorite Things kraft, Studio Calico glass slipper and Catherine Pooler
Mama Elephant Deckle Frame dies
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white pen
May Arts jute twine
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- YR21, YR04, YR18, E29
top/tail- V06/BG11, BG32, BG34, BG18, BG09, BG78
sand/sea- E50, E31, E33, E34, E44/BG10, BG11, BG32
crab- G20, BG93, BG45, B06, B39, YR16, YR09
sting ray- RV32, RV34, C2, C3, BG70, BG53, BG57, BG78
fish- G20, G14, BG53, BG57

 

0 comments: