Saturday, August 24, 2024

These cookies are a scream!

 


Hello friends!

There's a new digital stamp release at Sweet November Stamps today and we are adding to the holiday themed cookie collections with Halloween Cookies. There are five bundles of spooky sweet cookies, four with four individual cookies and one bundle that includes two cookies and a pumpkin shaped cookie jar. Cookie set 1 includes a witch, a bat, a skeleton and a tombstone. Cookie set 2 has a ghost, Dracula, broom and jack o'lantern. Cookie set 3 includes a full moon, cauldron, mummy and Frankenstein's monster. Cookie set 4 has a spider, werewolf, cat and jar of eye balls. And finally Cookie set 5 has the cookie jar, half moon cookie and a zombie.

For my first card I've put multiple skull cookies inside the pumpkin cookie jar and I borrowed the plain circle cookie from the Valentine Jar cookie set as extra filler. I figured that the darker brown of chocolate cookies would help all of the white pop a bit more. Plus, who can resist a chocolate cookie? I also went with a clear glass cookie jar and found the perfect sentiment in an old Ellen Hutson set. When I heat embossed the writing with white embossing powder I purposefully left some stray powder on the table so it would look like sugar or flour sprinkled around. 

 

Next, I paired up Dracula, the bat and the full moon with the older Alphabet cookies and the cooling rack for this deliciously creepy countertop scene.


My third card is full of zombies and tombstones placed haphazardly on an old baking sheet. Once again, I heat embossed an Ellen Hutson sentiment on the pan to make it look like it was spelled out using flour and I even added patched of flour with a white sharpie. If you would like to watch the coloring of this card there is a short Reel on Instagram and a longer speed coloring will be added to the Sweet November Stamps YouTube channel.

 

Finally the cauldron, black cat and jar of eyeballs were all brought together on the cooling rack for a colorful and creepy collection of confections. 

Now be sure to check out the Friends of Sweet November Stamps group on Facebook for even more Halloween Cookie deliciousness from the rest of our talented design team. Also, don't forget, I will be coloring Live today at 11am PDT over on my Adventures in Coloring with Amy Facebook page and I hope to see ya there!


 


 
 

0 comments: