Thursday, August 29, 2024

It's o-fish-ally your birthday...

Hey there! 

So yesterday I said that I was sharing my last mermaid card of the year and then I found this card that I hadn't posted yet. And while it technically has some mermaid silhouettes from The Deep: Background Builder set, it's still the cute marine life from the Something's Fishy set that are the real stars of the show, so I don't feel like a complete liar, LOL! This is another card design that I made a handful of for Sweet November Stamps orders. The die is from The Stamp Market and I like how it gives you four large 'postage stamps' to build your scenes in. All of the little fish were stamped and colored first, then I masked them off, as well as the edges of each postage stamp, and used the Copic airbrush system to add the water. Before removing the masks I also stamped the mermaid silhouettes and bubbles in a darker blue green ink so that they look far off in the distance. The final finishing touches are the sentiment and the large postal cancellation stamps that I added in dark black ink to create a nice visual triangle that leads your eye throughout the scene. :)

Laters!

 

Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Sweet November Stamps (Something's Fishy and The Deep: Background Builder), My Favorite Things (First Class Friend), The Ton (Not a Bill)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black and Catherine Pooler fiesta blue
The Stamp Market Postage Stamps Cover Die
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
sand/water- E31, E33, E43, E44, BG11, BG32/BG32, BG34, BG15, BG07, BG09
sting ray- BG90, BG93, B60, B63, B66
seahorses- RV10, RV21, RV13, RV32
crab- Y13, Y17, YR04, YR18
octopus- RV63, V04, V17, BV01, BV04
mini fish/large fish- YG01, G02/Y00, Y21, Y18, RV14
medium fish- B00, B02, B05, B16/Y04, YG07

 

0 comments: