Monday, October 31, 2016

Spooktacular...

Happy Halloween!

Tonight's the night and I'm ready for any trick or treaters who come my way. Witch's hat... check. Black kitties lounging around... check. Bowl of candy... check. Such a fun holiday! Of course I had to make one last Halloween card for this 2016 season and Wraith Mae from Some Odd Girl had the honor of wrapping it all up. She seemed to be the perfect choice for the 'black and white' challenge that is part of Oddtoberfest. I stamped the castle behind her in light grey so that this ghostly girl had a proper place to haunt. I'll admit it was kinda hard sticking to a strictly black and white palette as I kept wanting to add just a bit of color here or there. But in the end I think the restraint paid off and the card ended up with a sense of drama that it wouldn't have otherwise. :)

Spook ya later!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- KI Memories
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Wraith Mae)
stamps- My Mind's Eye (sentiment), castle
ink- Versafine Onyx black and Studio Calico grey area
CC Designs mini bat dies
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
wraith- C00, C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8
background- T0, T1, 0

2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Happy Halloween! !!! This is totally Spooktacular! !!!!!♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Tracey Ann said...

This is stunning! Your coloring blows me away sometimes, well... most the time... :)! And the ki paper is so effective - loved it with the hatter bean (joni) - simple awesomeness!