Friday, November 4, 2022

Oh what fun...

TGIF!

I'm popping in with one more Purple Onion Designs card using the A Little Christmas Magic collection before the 30% OFF Bundle Deal ends tomorrow night at midnight EST. If you are a fan of Stacey Yacula's adorable critters, this year's North Pole theme is one of the cutest yet! Personally, I'm just as much a fan of all the awesome background and builder stamps and I can't wait to start mixing and matching them with all of the older SY stamps in my collection as well. With the consistent sizing year after year, I always know they will work beautifully together.

Today's card is a fun mini slimline featuring Bluster, the husky pup in a snow drift. I've paired this playful pup with the ball from the Holiday Toy set and half of the Nordic Road Background. I used a pale blue ink to stamp most of the background, adding some darker london fog grey ink to just the trees on my second stamp impression. I did the same trick with Bluster too, first stamping in the pale blue then adding the darker rich cocoa to just the dog for the second stamping. This allowed me to have no-line coloring of the snow while retaining more detail on the solid objects in the scene. And just look at that snow... who wouldn't want to go bounding through those drifts with their puppy? The sentiment is from the older Holiday Blurbs II set and I like how it keeps this card rather neutral, depending on what sentiment I add to the inside of the card this could work just as well for Christmas as a winter birthday. :)

See ya in 24!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Purple Onion Designs (Bluster, Holiday Toy set, Nordic Road Background and Holiday Blurbs II)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and london fog, Studio Calico ice ice baby
Whimsy Stamps rounded stitched mini slimline dies

Copic markers:

husky- C00, C1, C3, W2, T4, T5, T6
scarf- YG03, YG95, YG97, R21, R43, R46, R89
ball- YG03, YG25, G07, R14, R27, R29

trees- E84, E87, E89, G24, G46, BG99

sky/snow- B0000, B000, B00, B21, B23, C00, C0, C1, C2, 0, BG93


0 comments: