Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Season's Greetings...

 Hello! 

I'm back on the Hello Bluebird blog and today I've brought together stamps from six different sets to create a holiday scene at the tree lot. Since these winter days are so short, a night scene was the way to go and what better way to light up the night than with the strand of lights in the Halloween Party set. Yep, they may be part of a Halloween set but these party lights are just as perfect on a Christmas card. To fill the tree lot I repeatedly stamped the tree from the O Christmas Tree set leaning to and fro. Then to complete the location I grabbed the "season's greetings" signage from the Holiday Office Party set and hung it across the entrance to the lot.  Now I just had to fill this festive Christmas tree lot with some patrons searching for this year's perfect tree. The squirrel and bunny working as a team in the background are from the Snowman Competition set but instead of building snowmen they are trying to get their paws on the tallest tree they can find. The little wren from the O Christmas Tree set is adjusting the signage at the entrance while the bunny from the Deck the Halls set is trying to sell one of the fancy wreaths she's made using left over pine branches. Finally, Mr. Bear from the Merry Makers set has found a cute small tree that will fit perfectly in his cozy den back home.  

Once all of the images where in place and it was time to grab my Copic markers and start coloring, I just kept in mind that all of the light in this scene is coming from those lights overhead. In order to help sell that look it was important to be pretty dramatic with the shadows beneath everything, so the darker the colors I used, the better. Because it is a high traffic area, I colored in a lot of dirt for them to be walking on but I did strategically leave some of the white card stock showing beneath the fencing to become snow drifts here and there. All in all, I am so happy with how the completed scene compares to the original vision I had in my head and it is cards like this that will keep me continuing to mix and and match all of the stamps sets in my stash, LOL! 

Stay crafty my friends!

 

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (O Christmas Tree, Merry Makers, Deck the Halls, Holiday Office Party, Snowman Competition and Halloween Party)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Papertrey Ink pure poppy
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

Sharpie extra fine white pen

Copic markers:

ground- E31, E33, E34, E43, E44, E47, E49

wood poles- E43, E44, E47, E49
snow/sky- B91, B95, B97, B99
trees/wreath- YG03, G24, G46, BG99, E84, E87, E89

lights/fence- Y00/100

bear- E55, E57, E59/R24, R29, R89

wreath bunny- BV20, E50, E81, E40, 0, R000, R30, E04/R24, R29, R89, YG01, YG03, YG67
bird- BV20, E50, E81, Y32, R30, E21, E23, E77, C1, C2, R24, R29, R89
stooped bunny- E30, E31, E35, E43, E44, R000, R30, YG01, YG03, YG67, BG99

squirrel- W1, W2, W4, W6, R000, R20, YG01, YG03, YG67

 

0 comments: