Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Sending love your way...

Hello, hello!

I don't have any Valentine specific stamp sets from Hello Bluebird, heck... I don't think they've made one yet. That didn't stop me from going through my stash of stamps and seeing who and what I could use to make a happy heart day card come together though. I first stumbled across the mailbox and letters in the Dear Santa set and knew right away that the rest of the scene would be built around that. I was in the mood to color one of the cute little HB girls rather than a critter and I ended up going with this bundled up cutie from the My Snowman set. First I masked one of the letters from the Dear Santa set into her hand, then I masked one of the adorable birds from My Snowman onto the flag of the mailbox. At that point I knew I had my scene, I just needed to choose a Gallery Frame die so I would know how much room I had to create the background and everything. I went with the cute pinked edging on Gallery Frame #3 and cut it out of a very pale pink card stock which I then color matched with my Copics for her coat and scarf. I put the sentiment together using word stamps from the Big Hugs Woodland set and the word 'love' from the Little Star set, stamping them in pink and red ink to match the traditional Valentine color scheme of the card. I'm so pleased with how this turned out and I can't wait to see what other HB Valentines I can come up with before the big day. :)

Alrighty, have a good one everybody!

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink, My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Dear Santa, My Snowman, Big Hugs Woodland and Little Star)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Catherine Pooler pink champagne and cranberry fizz
Hello Bluebird Gallery Frame #3 die

Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Pear Blossom Press silver gel pen

Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E50, E41, E43, E55
clothes- BV20, E50, E81, E84, R35, R37, R39, R89, RV000, RV10, RV52, RV93, N3, N4, N6
letter- W0, W2, W3, RV52, R39
mailbox- E31, E43, E44, E47, C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, R35, R37, R39, R89

dirt/grass- E30, E34, E41, E42, E43/YG93
sky/snow- B0000, B000, BV0000, BV000

bird- 50, E41, E43, W3, W6, W8, R30
trees- E40, E42, W7

  

0 comments: