Saturday, January 28, 2023

Happy Valentine's Day...

 

Hello friends!

I'm up on the Bellarific blog with another Valentine's Day card for our Scenic Saturday, though this one goes in a completely different direction than my previous Oddball card. Rather than quirky and a bit tongue-in-cheek, this XO Squidgy is as sweet as can be. Now, I will admit that I struggle with coloring scenes for characters when they are with over large items, like this squidgy's giant letters. Unless the character is small, like a fairy, the difference in scale usually leaves me scratching my head on what to color around them. That doesn't mean I don't love the image and I certainly still want to create a card with it, I just have to step out of my box and get creative. In this case I found myself reaching for a pattern paper pad to pull my Copic colors from and use on the bottom half of my card. The bubble gum pink dressed XO Squidgy and then I masked her off so I could airbrush this pretty aqua behind her, using a stencil to add the hearts and dots. I used a dainty stitched scallop border die to separate the two panels and glued everything to a white card base that ties back to the large letters that I colored white. The addition to the sentiment was from the same Doodlebug paper pad and the little enamel heart is from Doodlebug as well. So while this card is definitely different than my usual style of card making, I had a lot of fun with it and think that if it was any sweeter it might just give me a toothache... LOL!    

Toodles! 

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It

pattern paper- Doodlebug (Sweet Things)

stamps- Stamping Bella (XO Squidgy)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

My Favorite Things stitched scallop border die
Doodlebug sprinkles

Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

hair- E33, E35, E37, E79

clothes- RV00, RV52, RV55, RV34

letters- C00, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5

shadow- W0, W1, W2, W3, W5

background- G00, BG11, BG13


0 comments: