Friday, November 20, 2009

Finally Friday

Yes, I'm late posting again but today I'm not sorry at all... it's my day off, I slept in, had a nice hot breakfast and it was goooooooooooooooood! LOL

But I'm here now and ready to chat it up a bit. :)
If you've been over to the Club Anya blog today you've already seen this card and my little 'eye opening' tutorial. I hope you are enjoying these show & tells as much as I'm enjoying sharing them. I know I keep saying that most of the altering I do isn't that difficult to do but I think when I can actually let you see it you can really believe it.
So I gave Angel Anya some brand new open Lolli eyes and mouth for a fresh new look on this Christmas card. Rather than looking serene and peaceful I wanted her to be more joyous and I think I got the look I was after. :)
This card also fits for this week's Anyone for Anya challenge which is a round theme. Between the circle shape of the card, the polka dot paper and all the little gems... I think I may have gone a bit over board! LOL But I really wanted to make a card that looked like an ornament so this was the perfect challenge.
Anywho, I'm looking forward to spending some time in the craft room today and then hitting the road tomorrow with both of my sisters for a girl's day birthday outing. I even get to pick where we eat so I'm already salivating for my fave Chinese place and some walnut shrimp.... mmmmmmmmm... but I promise I'll have something to share before I leave tomorrow and I won't leave ya hangin' like today. ;)
Enjoy your weekend and I hope all my Twi-hard friends out there are enjoying the new movie! :)Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and GP
paper- Pink Paisley (red and brown) Reminisce (gold)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Angel Anya, Lolli Anya, X-Mas Sweeties "rejoice" sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
KI Memories gems
Ranger gold Stickles
misc ribbon
Martha Stewart border punch
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, R21
hair- E43, E44, E47, E49
dress/wings- B21, B23, E40, E41

24 comments:

donna mikasa said...

LOVED your tutorial on the CA blog! Will definitely try it and not laugh so much this time! Super cute ornament, too!

Hope you have a great weekend.....Happy Birthday! Hugs!

Claireabelle said...

Fan-dabi-dozy card Amy!!! Love it!

Have a fabulous day for your birthday tomorrow
xx

kadie said...

Beautiful!! What a darling Ornament card! Happy Happy Birthday!! Are you girls coming to Seattle?? I always secretly wish that you're coming to Seattle :) LOL

Mary Giles said...

I already said it on CA but this is fabulous! I love the giddy look on this Angel's face by replaceing her eyes. Now only if changing looks was that easy on humans...

It's your Bday too Amy? Happy Birthday!

kris said...

Very darling Amy!!!! love the alteration!! now she looks so excited... of course, Christmas will be here soon! =D the movie was SUPER!!! hope everyone gets to watch it!!! have a terrific weekend!!! hugs, Kris

Angela said...

Amy, love your tutorial on Club Anya! She is just so cute.. Love her with her eyes opened!! Hope you are having a great early start to your weekend!! THis little ordament card is so cute!!
Hugs,
Angela

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, As you can see I got a chance to see this on the other blog..I love it. It is soooo cute, and I love printing your tutorials so I can keep them in my referance books. Have a super Birthday! It sure sounds like tons of fun! You are just a sweety. Enjoy your family. Today is my brother-in-law's Birthday, so I think we are all getting together for Lin's and cake...Yumm chow mein! Have a great day, Lisa G

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a sweet ornament card Amy! beth

Unknown said...

Super cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tutorial, Anya looks so pretty with open eyes and little smile !!!
I love your work.
xxx

Tonje said...

What a nice card! It makes me smile... love your altering and your tutorial was great! Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it's a good one!

Tasha said...

I love this card and your tutorial on CA was fab Amy - something ill be trying for sure
love tasha xx

Jackie Thomas said...

This little ornament is fantastic Amy, I love it. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and enjoy your walnut shrip. sounds delish.. xo Jackie

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Amy, I think you're fabulous in your altering! I said it at the Club Anya blog, but I'll say it again - your altering is the best! Thanks so mjuch for the altering tips! I can't wait to give it a try!

Happy Birthday!

Danni said...

You are so talented!! This is fabulous! Enjoy your weekend!

Alice said...

thanks for the wonderful tutorial Amy!!!! Will have to try it if I get a light box... Hope you enjoy your birthday weekend!!! Happy Happy BIrthday to you!!!

RiNNE said...

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to yoooooouuuuuu!!!

Thanks for the awesome tutorial! Can't wait to play around! I wanted to ask if you use the Gina K cardstock for stamps? Or do you use something "thinner" for the light box?

My fave is also the honey walnut shrimp at Chinese restaurants! Have a wonderful road trip!

Stamping Cafe said...

Happy Birthday, Amy! Hope you have a fabulous birthday and weekend!! Love you tutorial, thank you for sharing!

You card is amazing as always! :)

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you celebrate wonderfully!! This is a cute ornament, great tutorial too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

SemSee said...

This is awesome, Amy! Thanks for sharing your tute over on Club Anya too! Hugs, Sem x

Kim said...

SOOOOO cute!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Realy love this ornament-card! Also like all the shiny details, they are perfect for this time of year. And then, pretty papers and nice colouring!

Love from AFA!

Renata

WickedPixie said...

I haven't gotten to the CA tutorial yet - I am working my way backwards through my Google Reader since I took a couple of days awayu from the computer! I can't wait to see it! Your card is adorable and so pretty! :-)Traci

Kit said...

This is fantastic love how you have altered the face, really clever...I will have to get myself a light box and have a play with my stamps