Saturday, November 28, 2009

Let it snow...

let it snow, let it snow... but not really! LOL

Welcome to the weekend friends! I am making some time to stamp today and I hope you get to enjoy the same. :)
Today's card is for the Club Anya Mystery Monday challenge hosted by Kris which is to create something 'icy looking'. As I've mentioned before, I'm not a big fan of the white stuff but the cool, crisp color palette sure does make for some pretty cards so I was all for playing along. ;)
I was also totally inspired by Suzi's card that she created for this same challenge and her idea to make an Ice Queen, which was brilliant! So I just had to do my take on it because I loved it so much. Thanks Suzi!
For my version I altered a Dressy Miss Anya by wiping away the bows in her hair, the bottom part of her short dress and her legs then I drew in the long gown and added long sleeves and her scepter as well. It's hard to tell in the photo but I added a lot of sparkle and texture to her with clear Copic Spica pen on her hair and the lightest parts of her dress with white flocking on the trim. Even the light blue background paper that I punched the border from has a cool sheen to it. So this is just one of those cards that is always going to look better in person, sigh. Oh well, I'm still really happy with how it turned out and loved the challenge. :)
Thanks for stopping by!Supply list:
cardstock- Georgia Pacific
paper- unknown (shimmery blue) Fancy Pants (snowflake)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Dressy Miss Anya) Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Doodlebug swimming pool and Versamark clear
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
Doodlebug white flocking
Ranger Stickles
Heidi Swapp bling crown
Martha Stewart aspen snowfall border combo punches
misc gem and ribbon
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic multiliner 0.3 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E51, R20, BG01
hair- B0000, B00, B01, B04, B06
dress- BG0000, BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07

25 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Wow Amy, this card is just beautiful...You can just feel the cool crispness of it. I love Miss Ayna, she is certainly fit to be queen in this outfil...lol...I so love this card..It is really festive. Have a great Saturday, I am off to work until 1..sigh, then I will be coloring. :D Lisa G

♥Rach♥ said...

Beautiful! I just love snowflakes and with the pretty blues you used and the gorgeous altering, this is just the prettiest!

Tasha said...

Amy good to see you back!
Wow what a gorgeous creation - i love this alteration its stunning! Love the colours and the beautiful colouring!
love tasha xx

Kelly Booth said...

So PRETTY Amy...your ice Queen is just Gorgeous!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ok, will you PLEASE make ME this dress? OMG. OMG!!! You are definitely BACK, Miss Amy :) This is seriously gorgeous and a GREAT take on the challenge! LOVE this!

Kerry said...

OMGGGGG!!! AWESOME!!! My jaw almost touch my laptop! I LOVE her! Absolutely stunning!

Tammi said...

WOW! Love what you came up with, she's gorgeous! Great crown!

Tracey said...

WOW!! Stunning!!!

Claireabelle said...

oh wow Amy, she is just totally fabulous!
x

Angie said...

this is gorgeous! I need my mojo back...

kris said...

OMG!!! this is definitely a STUNNER!!! OMG Amy she's gorgeous and very much a queen!! wow, i can stare at it all day... the snowflakes and shimmer blue paper adds that magical touch! Thanks for playing the challenge! WOW! hugs, Kris

Stamping Cafe said...

This is amazingly gorgeous, Amy! Love your icy looking card, it looks so magical!

Crafty Jenn said...

Hiya Amy! Great work on the CA challenge. Love the altering and all the shimmer.

Sorry that your computer crashed. :( Even more that you lost your digis. Maybe somebody out there will send you some print outs of theirs.

Tammy said...

Fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Amy, this is so beautiful, i can't believe my card inspired you, but i'm so pleased it did, because your Snow Queen Miss Anya is divine, i love the altering, that dress is really gorgeous. Your card is beautiful in the photo, so it must be awesome in real life with all that sparkle, truly awesome work :)

Great to see you back online, enjoy the rest of your weekend
Suzi
xxx

1LuvnMama said...

This is the BOMB!!! I luv how you altered Anya and the fabulous blues . . . I'm speechless! Great job!

WickedPixie said...

OK, give me a minute to pick my jaw up off of the floor!! Seriously?? WOW!! I LOVE the dress you have created for her and that snowflake punched background piece! I can see some of the sparkle - I will imagine the rest becaue I have been using a lot of sparkle lately, too, and I know how hard it is to capture without using the flash (and if I use the flash the rest of the pic looks flat!) But back to your card - Pure Gorgeousness, Amy!!

Alice said...

love the cool color palette! and the altering is perfect as always!!!

Jackie Thomas said...

This is truly stunning Amy. I adore Anya and she looks amazing. xo Jackie

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy I think this card looks astounding I can imagine the magnitude os awesomeness it looks in person! bR-T

Angela said...

Amy, this is just beautiful!!! SO stunning with all the sheen.. I am so glad you are back up and running!! I love hoe you altered Miss Anya and those beautiful cool blues!!
Angela

Anonymous said...

I love the altering Miss Anya !!! So cute !!!
And so cold :-)
An amazing card !!!
xxx

SemSee said...

I can just imagine how gorgeous and glittery this card it - fab! Hugs, Sem x

donna mikasa said...

Such a COOL Ice Queen! The blues are just perfect here....love this!

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!! This is just stunning!! Gorgeous image..love all the blue sparkle!! just LOVE it!!