Sunday, November 1, 2009

Feeling completely spoiled and a WINNER!

Good morning all! So sorry to keep you in suspense if you've been checking in for a candy winner... we 'fell back' with our clocks last night so I gained an hour of sleeping in on my day off and it was SO needed. ;)
But I'm here now, batteries recharged, ready to announce the winner of this week's Fairy Sweet candy! Are you ready for it? Here goes!

This week's winner is......................................SEMSEE

Congratulations!!! Email me at pete_danger@hotmail.com with your address and I will get your goodies off to you just as soon as I can. :)

Don't forget that we have one more candy give-away to go so be sure to check it out tomorrow!

Alrighty, so onto my post for the day and why I'm feeling completely spoiled... remember last week when I put a call out for Elf Anya images? Well the fabulous Erin and amazing Kristina answered my call and then some! They are neighbors and 'huge stamping freaks' (Kristina's words...) ;) Well they worked as a team to help me out and I am now a very excited fellow 'stamping freak' with lots of little Elf Anyas to play with! But that's not all! Each of them sent me a GORGEOUS card and Erin, bless her heart, even sent me an entire card class kit that she teaches! OMG, they are SO cool... I can only imagine the fun her students have in class! So huge thanks again gals, you totally made my week!
In fact I even used one of Erin's kits for the base of this card. I changed it up slightly (hope you don't mind Erin) not because it wasn't perfect as is but because I already had a plan in mind for the TGF "Home is where..." challenge. The colors and patterns she put together where totally inspiring and had that home-y feel I was looking for. :)
I altered Wild Sprouts Annika slightly by removing her books and replacing them with the pup head from the Signature set and I drew in the rest of his body so he would look like he's dangling in her arms. I totally love my little yorkie so I truly agree with this twist on the classic sentiment. Where Duke is, smiling (oh yes he 'smiles' though it looks more like baring his teeth LOL) and wagging his little stub of a tail when I return from work... that is home. :)
See you bright and early tomorrow with the third and final (for this release) Fairy Sweet candy!
Supply list:
cardstock- unknown and GP
paper- Cosmo Cricket (early bird)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Annika and Signature set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
ric rac
misc button
Apple Butter computer font
Copic multiliner 0.1 and 0.3
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E25, E27, E29
clothes- R22, R24, R29, BG18, BG75, BG78, BG15, Y23, Y26, Y11
dog- E97, E99, YR21, W1, W5, W9

26 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card! Congrats to SemSee!

Tasha said...

Wow fabulous card Amy i just love your altering
love tasha xx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, A big congrats to SemSee...I really can't wait to see tomorrows...This card is soooo CUTE..I love what you did with it....Have a great Sunday, Lisa G

kris said...

Love it!!! another total fab altered project!! i just love coming by to see them! hugs, Kris

♥Rach♥ said...

Congrats Semsee and I totally love this card, colors are great.

Jenny V. said...

Congrats to Semsee! This is such a lovely card again. Love how you altered and added the puppy. So cute! Have a wonderful Sunday!

SemSee said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! Can't believe I've won! Whoop Whoop!!! Yes, I'm literally dancing around the room right now - and I don't care who knows it, LOL!! Thanks so much Amy! I'm off to email you now.

This WS Annika card is gorgeous. Love how you've altered her to have that cute little pup dangling from her arms. And your colouring is stunning, as usual!

Anonymous said...

congrats semsee..and really a fab card..love the details..

Angela said...

Amy, this is so cute. Love the dog in her arms and the sentiment.. Great layout..

Claireabelle said...

Love this take on the home is where...... idea! Fabulous
x

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE your card-HOW CUTE! Awww that is awesome that you got some Elf Images! I am so sorry I didn't see that post or we'd have helped you out! Can't wait to see what you do w/ her!

Victoria said...

what a gorgeous card, so cute. Love how you've altered this one, the little dog's legs look so cute dangling like that

Victoria
x

Angie said...

That is just way too cute Amy!

Tonje said...

Oh, Semsee, you lucky girl you! Congrats!

What a fab card. That little dog is just the cutest!

Unknown said...

Totally aswesome card, Amy! I love it! I love the square punches and she looks so cute with that little puppy in her arms!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is awesome Amy and my husband being the most avid dog afn around could not agree more! Beth

RiNNE said...

Wowowowowow!!! So cute! One of my close friends has a yorkie and she is so cute and precious! Sweet card and your alteration looks like the real thing!

redstamper7 said...

Being the "Mother" to a spoiled and adorable Yorkie makes this the best card ever!!

Adorable.

donna mikasa said...

So glad you got some Elf Anyas--such awesome stamping friends!
Love the altered Annika with the little yorkie and big congrats to Semsee for winning all that yummy candy!

Crafty Jenn said...

Too cute! I like the alter with the doggie. Congrats to Semsee.

Have fun with your new goodies Amy!

Eva Russo said...

Congrats to the winner!
This card is fabulous! so cute!
Cheers
Eva

WickedPixie said...

THis is so adorable and brilliant!! :-)Traci

Alice said...

this is too cute Amy!! love the sentiment!!! how clever to use the dog from the Signature set!

Tammi said...

Congrats to the winner! This is CUTE! I love her holding the dangling pup, great idea!

My Serendipity said...

That is very sweet! What a great idea!

Leah l'Orange said...

she's beautiful, Amy, and i LOVE how you've altered her and made the sentiment work with it! i love to switch up items and clothing and such when i'm stamping, too - but i'm not brave enough to draw in other details! fab job! :)