Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another Flutter By challenge

Hello! I'm so sorry my post is later than usual... let's just say that me and my dial-up have not been the best of friends this morning. Ugh
Anywho, it's working now so I'm gonna be quick just in case... fingers crossed, here we go...

Alrighty today I have one of Marie's gorgeous new digi fairies to share with you. By now I'm sure you have picked up that I have a soft spot for all things 'of the fay' and these four new beauties do not disappoint! In fact the only thing that would make them better would be if we get to see them in rubber eventually... BUT for now I am more than content with the digi versions. :)
I used Summer and had a lot of fun coloring her up as I took definite creative license with what colors a fairy's skin and hair could be. In this case, light green and two-toned to match her flower... fun, fun, fun! And wouldn't you know that she works for the new Flutter By challenge today?! Woohoo! Not only do I have a fairy but butterflies too... score! Ya gotta love it when that happens!

So if you are diggin' these new fairies as much as I am be sure to check out The Greeting Farm tomorrow when they go up for sale! :)
Later gators!

Supply list:
cardstock- Kraft and GP
paper- My Mind's Eye
digi stamp- The Greeting Farm (Summer fairy)
stamps- Prima (floral frame) Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox Peony chalk ink
Ranger Stickles
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Paper Trey Ink twine
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin-E0000, YG0000, YG00, YG01, YG03
hair/flower- RV11, RV13, RV14, RV17, RV69, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17
dress- G03, G05, G07, W5
wings- YG0000, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG17
sky- BG0000, BG000

30 comments:

Gabby said...

OMG Amy...this is so gorgeous it makes me sick! I can't wait for tomorrow!!!

SemSee said...

Flippin heck, this is AMAZING!!! Love the green skin and pink/yellow hair - fits her perfectly! Hugs, Sem x

Kelly Booth said...

Just Gorgeous Amy...Love her skin tone and the two toned hair.....Just Beautiful!!

Jennifer said...

Ditto, your work is amazing.

helencreaty1 said...

great card, i love the mix of colours =)
hugssss
helen

Pam Varnell said...

This is totally gorgeous Amy. Love what you did with the new image. Great card girlfriend. LOVE IT!!! Hugs.

donna mikasa said...

Outstanding! Will have to note those skin colors...awesome tones!
And that I love her two toned hair!!

Tonje said...

Wowsa! Stunning card. Love her hair and the colour of her wings.

☼ Cheryl* said...

I have seen so many of these gorgeous fairies today!!! Everyone has been so different and beautiful. I cannot wait till tomorrow!
Your card is lovely :)

Juls said...

wow!! she is just stunning!! Love how you have done her hair! and the flower is gorgeous! such a striking card, love it!!

Tammy said...

Her hair is SOOOO ROCKIN!!!!!
I love it.

Angela said...

Amy, I love this. The way you colored her hair and her light......green skin color!! So Stunning!! Can't wait till tomorrow!!!!
Hugs, Angela

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Amy, i agree with Tammy, her hair is fabulous!!! lovin' those butterfly's too
xx

Michelle said...

Great card Amy! Your fairy is beautiful - love how you colored her hair!! So glad you played along with the FBW challenge this week - great job!!

Jackie Thomas said...

Amy, she looks gorgeous. I can't wait to get my hot little hands on them. Have a great day. xo Jackie

RiNNE said...

Beautiful! Love her hair! Awesome lay-out! And those butterflies just finish it off, Amy!

Tammi said...

Oh she's gorgeous!! Love the way you colored her, her hair is so pretty! Amazing card Amy!

Danni said...

Beautiful card! Such pretty coloring! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Victoria said...

wow just beautiful - love the two tone hair

Victoria
x

Jessica Diedrich said...

Absolutely stunning Amy!

Alice said...

wow! really pretty vivid colors Amy!!! love it!

kris said...

OMGoodness!!! love how you two-toned her hair! gorgeous creation Amy!! Thank you for joining us this week for Flutter by Wednesday! hugs, Kris

WickedPixie said...

Amy, I love how you've colored her and the floral frame around her! Fabulous!! :-) Traci

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I am glad that you finally were able to get your post up..I sooo missed your blog this morning, and I figured something was up....Your fairy is just soooo pretty. I love her hair!!! This girl is ready to fly....Love it, and I am so glad to come home and get to enjoy this. Thanks, and have a great evening...GLEE is ON!!!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Totally stunning, Amy! Love her two toned hair so much, so yummy! I absolutely love it!

Unknown said...

Just GORGEOUS, Amy!

Anonymous said...

I've bought the 4 fairies this morning, your cards are so GORGEOUS !!!!
I love these stamps !!!
xxx

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Beautiful xx

Anna said...

Stunning card! Love the hair.

Tasha said...

Amy this is so super stunning! I love the colours - your colouring is just off the charts
love tasha xx