Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pattern me not

Well hello my lovelies! Can I just say that I feel completely recharged today and ready to take on another crazy week... I think it was finally getting to watch my beloved Glee that did it for me. ;)
So raise your hand if you absolutely adore Kurt. I do! I do! LOL For me it started with the football game episode (an instant classic in my opinion) and was totally cemented when he sang Defying Gravity... sigh. I really hope this show has a very long and successful run. :)

Now, onto other fun things. This week's Mystery Monday challenge over at Club Anya was issued by Rachel and she really threw me a curve ball with this one... absolutely no using pattern paper of any kind, you couldn't even stamp your own patterned background! Gasp! I know, I know, I was at a loss too, was it even possible? ;) Well, not being one to back down from a challenge, especially when I've been called out by name, I decided to apply my 'using pattern paper scraps' personal challenge to using up some of my cardstock scraps this time. With my trusty Slice die-cutter in hand I went about cutting out some snowflakes... can I help it if they kinda created a pattern once I glued them down? heeheehee ;) Everything on here is cardstock Rachel, I swear!
And did you see? Did you see? Yep, that's the super duper elusive Elf Anya that the fabulous duo of Erin and Kristina so kindly provided me images of to play with! I LOVE her and will continue to beg and plead for Marie to re-release her so that I can have my very own rubber version of her someday. Ahhhh a girl can dream...

One more thing before I head off to work today, I haven't heard back from the winner of my last Sweet November blog candy yet and I would really like to give it a home SO... if I don't hear from the winner by next Saturday I will be drawing a new winner and announcing her that day. Hopefully we can find Tangle a nice place that isn't cluttering up my ever messy table. ;)
Take care!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill, DCWV, Cardstock Warehouse and GP
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Elf Anya)
ink- Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Kaiser Craft gems
Slice die-cutter (Mistletoe card)
Cuttlebug embossing plate
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers-
skin- E00, E11, R20, R22
hair- Y32, Y21, Y23, YR21
clothes- R46, R59, R89, YG00, YG03, YG95, E55, E57, E59, G20, YG63, YG67, BG11, BG13, BG18, R30, R32, R43, Y21, Y26, Y28

29 comments:

Claireabelle said...

I cant believe you made this card without patterned paper! I am astonished! Fabulous as always
xx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. Yes I adore Kurt! The football one is also a fav around here. My dd is now going around singing the song and dancing like her did..My dh is somewhat annoyed with us..We came to the party late as usual, and now we can not get enough so we are watching it on Hulu...This happens all the time around here..lol....I love your card, and I have never seen this little elf Anya, but I agree with you....They really need to re-release her..I would buy her up in a heartbeat..I so want her..Or as my dd says all the time lately."I NEED her".lol...Wonderful work as always my friend..I love the colors..You make me want to get my Cricut out and start playing things up a bit.Have an awesome weekend..I am going to try spending more time out of bed and get some work done today. Lisa g

Tammi said...

Cool how you made the top & bottom pattern out of plain cardstock, looks great! And I can see why you love that elf so much, she's so cute! Amazing card Amy! Have a great weekend! ~Hugs

crafty amy said...

Oh my gosh this is so perfect and I was hoping that the patterned papers held all your amazing power but clearly you are just as incredible without them! I love the spa day card too I seriously can't wait for this lot to go on sale I love them all :D

Hugs

Amy xx

P.S. I think I am going to have to try and find glee lol

Serafiia said...

Ah, I'm sorry - I totally missed my winning. Email has been sent. Hope I'm not too late! :)

♥Rach♥ said...

WOW AMY!!!! I knew you'd rise to the challenge but your card is just incredible!! Snowflakes (and cupcakes) are my favorite things so you even scored extra points on that account ;0) Fantastic card and very creative way to do the challenge, you rock as always!

MiamiKel said...

Omgoodness, amy - how do you do it! You are an amazing artist and this is over the top terrific! What a super holiday card - lovely and fun and colorful! Love it!

kris said...

darn it!!! Elf Anya is cute! Dear Santa, i've been a really good girl! would you be kind enough to re-release Elf Anya! =D LOL... missed another CUTE stamp! you did fabulous with her Amy!! i had to look twice at the snowflakes! looks like patterned paper.. =D Wonderful card girl!

Jenny said...

I'm so jealous that you have anything of Elf Anya! She's really cute! You have totally worked around the challenge and conquered it!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

donna mikasa said...

Awesome snowflake pattern! You are a genius!
Glad your Elf Anya found a good home, too!

Victoria said...

Fabulous card Amy! I love all the bright colours!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

RiNNE said...

U are just soo creative!!! Loved that you made your own PPs! Especially the stripes :). That elf is wonderful---yes, pls Marie, please re-release her!

I saw Tyra Bank's talk show yesterday featuring the Glee cast. So awesome!

Tonje said...

NO patterned paper... well, that IS a challenge. But you solved it beautifully! Love that snowflake background!

Tracey Feeger said...

Great job with the challenge. Love the elf - so cute. The snowflakes look great.
mwah
Trace

Alice said...

wow! you are so good at faking patterned papers Amy!!! if you didn't say it I wouldn't even know that this is made without any patterned paper!!! LOVE the super cute Elf Anya, too!

Unknown said...

Super cute card! :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So cute! Love how you colored little Elf Anya! :)

Marianne Penner said...

I love this card! Supercute!

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Amy, this card is super cute. I love the layout and you have coloured the image in beautifully. xo Jackie

Kerry said...

Total AWESOMENESS!

Studio Lailani said...

Love, love, love!!! I need all the new anyas!!! so cute!!

Sammi said...

Awesome job on that challenge!! I love the stripey (faux) patterned paper!!
Love this little Elf Anya ... so sweet!!

MicheyMoo said...

Uber Awesome Amy!! Elf Anya is definitely super cute and she really is begging to be re-released in RUBBER!!! I second your vote there.

This is such a clever way to participate and not break any rules!! Well done you. :)

Stampinsilvia said...

Super cute! Love how you repeated the images! very very nice!!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Aymy this card is so awesome I love your backdrop you created and this fun image! Beth

WickedPixie said...

Thud...that is me hitting the floor! I can't even find the words to describe how much I love the background you have created!!!! And the ANya elf...I, too, would be willing to do about anything for Marie if she'd get me my own in rubber (I'd take digi, too!)
I have a friend who loves musicals (and drags me out of the house where I am inclined to hole up, to go to some - she took me to see "Rocky Horror" live last night - fun!!) I have been telling her she needs to watch Glee, and she finally started! Last night she said that was the wrong song for Kuirt - he needs to sing "Popular" but I don't care - I had tears for him when he couldn't hit the note!! :-)Traci

Angela said...

Amy, you did an awesome job with this challenge!
I love the way you added those snowflakes and made it look like DP. This is just great..

Kim Costello said...

Well you're just too clever, love how you overcame the patterned paper ban and come up with this stunning creation and so glad you got the searched for Elf Anya, yes we should persuade Marie to re release!!! Amazing week, HuGs Kim :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

Wahhhhhh LOVE your elf Anya!!! SO cute! Great coloring on this and what a crazy challenge-NO patterned paper?!?!? Ahhhhhhhh! LOL!