Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Crinkley wrinkley ribbon

Hello, hello!

It's time once again for a new Wednesday challenge over at ATS! This week it is all about crinkled ribbon. Now, there is a whole tutorial on how to dye seam binding and crinkle it while it dries but to be perfectly honest that is just WAY too much work for me, LOL!
Luckily I store my ribbon in individual jars sorted by color and some of those jars are pretty jam packed so the ribbon is always wrinkley when I pull it out to use it. Normally I would take a little ribbon iron to it before putting it on my card to smooth it back out but this time I glued on that ribbon just as it was... all crinkley wrinkley! I gotta say, I think it fills the challenge requirements just fine! ;)

So because I was using this pretty pink ribbon I thought it was about time to let Darby show off her girly and pink side for this card. I think even a tomboy can enjoy some pink from time to time and Bumbles seems to agree!

Ok, so whether you dye some of your own or go the lazy way like me, heeheehee, we want to see your crinkled ribbon! Remember, every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Toodles!
Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft, cardstock warehouse and PTI
stamps- Sweet November (Darby and Bumbles), Pure Innocence (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
ribbon
buttons
Prima flower
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55
clothes- RV21, RV23, RV25, G0000, G000, G00, 0, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG23, YG25, YG17
bumbles- Y11, Y13, Y15, G0000, G000, G00, 0, E44, E47, E79

48 comments:

*ЧеРеПаШкА* said...

ММММММММММММММММ! Sweet!! Ням-ням!

Tasha said...

Beautiful design Amy
love tasha xx

Me said...

Beautiful card,lovely colours,i like the bumble bee.

Grtzz Marjon

Teresa Carini said...

Very nice! simple y muy bonita!!!!

Larisa said...

Great! Great!!!! Very nice )))

Pam Varnell said...

This is so pretty Amy. Love your ribbon with the buttons on the ends. Gorgeous card girl.

sundownerin said...

what a pretty sweety!!!

mae said...

Adorable!!!

Sharanda said...

Oh soooooo CUTE!!!

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Super super cute Amy. Love the color scheme on this one! Hugs

scrapn_momof2 said...

Adorable card Amy. I love how the buttons anchor down your ribbon on eiter side and the image is too cute!!

Jessica said...

Truly ADORABLE!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Soo cute. I just love that ribbon.

slinkycat said...

so cute, love the image and what you have done with the ribbon :)

Leanne x

Christiana said...

So sweet! Love your crinkly ribbon and all that PINK! And wow, I can't believe you colored her hair! I thought you must have used flower soft or something, it looks so dimesional. Great job!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE your Darby and her Crinkly Ribbon!! So Pretty Amy....

Deb with Dogs said...

Great technique! I will give it a try with my paper ribbon. :-)

Leanne said...

Super adorable Amy! I love the color of the ribbon and the affect you created with it. TFS!

Unknown said...

amy...this is so stinkin' cute! love the way you've used your crinkled ribbon! :)

donna mikasa said...

Oh this is too cute! Love the way you placed the ribbon behind Darby--so sweet and simple! Hoping to play along this week...

~* steph :) *~ said...

super SWEET card, amy! love the cheerful colors. love the flower with the cute button center she's holding. cute way to use your crinkled ribbon and buttons.
thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Renkata said...

ohhh now I remember where i did saw this image before, on your blog :) I was looking around so long fo it . Thanks for sharing . Love it.

Maria Therese said...

Awesome card! Love the pink!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

I love the cheerful pink colour and the flower embellishment. Your colouring is just awesome, Amy!

P.S. I'd like to pass an award to you.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card! I love the image. TFS :)

Tonje said...

Oh wow! Looove all the pink! and the way you've coloured her hair is amazing!!

Kim B said...

very cute!!!!!!!!!
Please come by and visit my blog. I hope to make things as cute as this. I started papercrafting in June.
Smiles,
Kim
http://agypsyangel.blogspot.com

Andrea C said...

totally gorgeous x

Shirley N said...

So sweet Amy! And I love the idea of crinkled ribbon, no need for the iron, lol.

Rosa Forino said...

totally gorgeous and very cute!!!!!!!!!
kiss

Marianne said...

very sweet, Amy.
Greetings, Marianne

Stamping Cafe said...

What a beautiful card, Amy! Love your ribbon placement, so simple and lovely! You simply ROCK!!

Kim B said...

Me again, Thanks for coming by. I will be visiting you frequently to see all your beautiful cards :)
Smiles,
Kim

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I love your crinkly ribbon..What a great idea. Of course Darby is just darling as always. Love, love, love it...!! Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

WickedPixie said...

So So Sweeeeet! I love how the ribbon looks like birthday party crepe paper ribbons! That is such great texture on the background and I love the pink and cream color combo! :-)Traci

Alice said...

this is so sweet!! love the ribbons and Darby!

Shaela said...

awww, this is so cute!

Leah l'Orange said...

this one is my FAVE Darby! love your ribbon too, girlfriend! fabby lil' card!

mouchini's playground said...

Love the colors, the buttons, the ribbon..everything!!! very nice!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

1LuvnMama said...

Luv your crinkly ribbon! And . . . it's all natural! No need for extra work! :) Your color choices are amazing and I feel giddy inside just admiring your card!

Natagirl said...

I like it! Sweety =)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh THIS card makes me happy! Beth

Sudha said...

Beautiful,love the way u come up with ur ideas,smartly u use the stamps in ur cards.Love it.

Marley said...

Did I miss this one? Its beautiful!! Love what you did with the ribbon and the little bee is so cute!! Great image and I love how you put a real flower behind her.. xMarley

Juls said...

so fabulous!!! Love the colours, and the way you have used the ribbon! utterly gorgeous! Hugs Juls

grandmalee said...

How sweet!!! The textures are a great addition!

Anonymous said...

What a darling image. You colored her beautifully. You sure have the magic touch for bring these stamped images to life. You are such a talented artist.
~Pam L.