Monday, August 30, 2010

Sweet November spotlight on Rinne!

Hello and good morning!

Well here we are nearing the beginning of a brand new month and that means Sweet November Stamps previews are about to begin! It also means that I've got September's SN guest gal to introduce you to before we dive into all those wonderful candies! ;)

Now without further ado please let me introduce you to the one and only Corinne Mercado! Rinne is another long time Sweet November cheerio who has always been enthusiastic and excited about the stamps. I consider her to be the queen of texture with an eclectic and artistic eye for mixing papers and different materials on her cards. With and unexpected and whimsical style that always surprises and delights, I just love to see what she creates next. :)

Ok, time for my favorite part of the spotlight... the crazy, fun SN questionnaire!

1) What color do you feel represents your personality and why?
Right now, I feel that orange represents my personality. I have a bit of a temper but just like orange also has cool undertones, I too have a laid back side. I also think of orange as a color that depicts being unique and sort of an underdog. You know, the colors that the "different" kids would pick back in high school. People gave me a weird look when I said my wedding colors would be pink, green, and ORANGE? It turned out bright, unique and fun!

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
I think so. I am very detail-oriented. I like to accessorize, I wear different earrings or necklaces and like to have cool rugs/ pictures on the walls. My style of card making is pretty much the same, most of the time, I love layering different textures, embellishments and patterned papers!

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
Crafting, of course!

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
I would love to visit the early 1900s to 1930s. I would like to see how my grandparents and family lived back then. I am very curious to also see how my native land, the Philippines, looked.

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll etc., what kind would you be and why?
I would love to be a fairy. I adore those thin, intricate wings. Plus, I'd get to fly everywhere and have a sparkling trail! I would also love to be a mermaid. They are so beautiful and mystical. And one of the things to do on my bucket list is to swim with humpback whales. :)

Bonus question

6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
I definitely identify with Rachel. She is driven, determined and full of dreams. She is dorky just like me, but is not ashamed of it! I also admire her passion.


Hey Rinne, have you seen the Glee promos yet? It looks like Rachel is even stealing your hair-do this season with her new bangs! ;)

Now it's time to share Rinne's beautiful card and how it inspired mine for today. First and foremost her fab undersea theme featuring Fathom Calmsea had me reaching for a mermaid as well. Her cool use of the mesh as netting is brilliant and got me to dig through my stash until I found some too. Finally I loved the look of the dangling tag along with the twine so I had to add that to my design as well. I didn't have any seashell to add so instead of a rough textural embellishment I decided to go with smooth Raindrops for my bit of dimension and texture.

Rinne will be joining Traci, Rachel and myself in the September Sweet November sneak peeks starting tomorrow! Things are going to get a bit twisty this week... well, as twisty as anything in Sweet November Land can be anyway, LOL! ;) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Basic Grey (Olivia)
stamps- Sweet November (Coral Reefweaver and Echo), My Sentiment's Exactly (sentiment), Fancy Pants (wave)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown, prussian blue and black chalk ink
Magic Mesh
Glimmer Mist
The Twinery twine
Pink Hedgehog Oregon Raindrops
Ranger Stickles and Liquid Pearls
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, R21, R24
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55, 0
eyes- BG13, BG15, BG18
everything else- YG01, YG25, YG17, BG0000, BG000, BG72, BG75, BG78, R21, R22, R24
echo- C00, T0, T1, T3, T5

23 comments:

sundownerin said...

wowiiii! so beautyful backgound!! and cute stamps!! i love them!!

Renkata said...

two very cute and sweet cards!

Lorraine said...

GORGEOUS LOVE HER HAIR AND THE SEA BACKGROUND XX

Larisa said...

Both cards are cute )) Love them!

gobeagirl said...

Wow, I can't wait until tomorrow! Hi Rinne...you sure have a wonderful way of creating. I just know that I am going to have a great time checking out your blog. Amy, cute card as always....I can not wait to see your twisted...(heehee) side! Just kidding. I can't wait for those new stamps. I know whatever it is they will be fabulous! Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Awww these cards are just adorable, beautiful xx

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful cards :)

jacque4u2c said...

Wow waht a display of your talent!!!!!! These are both gorgeous!

Me said...

They are both beautiful,great coloring,sweet images.

Grtzz Marjon

~* steph :) *~ said...

amazing cards! love the colors in rinne's card. very mystical and pretty. love your sweet pretty card, amy! great use of the dew drops! love that twine and tag. thanks for sharing and have a great monday!!! *hugs* steph :)

Kim B said...

Both are great cards.
I love your sea and colors of the card.
Have a great day.
Kim

Crafty Jenn said...

Yeah for Rinne! I always enjoy her creations....and her comments! Lol!

Congrats on being a SNS Guest Gal! It's a fun time for sure.

<3 Jenn

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Amy,

I've just got back after a week of holiday and I'm checking out the blog posts that I've missed in my holiday. Wow, you've been busy! What beautiful cards you have made, they are pretty, bright in colors and with the right sentiments, they always make me smile!! Love your cards!!

Hugs, Wendy

Sammi said...

I Love Rinne's work! These cards are gorgeous!!
xxx

Alice said...

both cards are beautiful!! congrats, Rinne!!

WickedPixie said...

Rinne's card is fabulous and so is yours that is inspired from it! I can't wait to see everyone's Sneak's starting tomorrow! :-)Traci

Kimberly S said...

Fun Q & A, and some beautiful cards from both of you! Thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Both cards are super amazing, Amy! Thank you for the inspiration! Can't wait for tomorrow!!

Leanne said...

Yay for Rinne! So happy for her. Great addition to an already great crew. Love your cards and how you cased her card. Great job ladies. TFS!!

KanataNewf said...

Beautiful cards!

kaos said...

Both cards are gorgeous - I love how the hair looks like it is flowing in the waves...
the background on rinne's card looks great and the raindrops are the perfect little "bubbles"...

lg
kaos

Unknown said...

Congrats to Rinne! Very awesome cards!

crafty amy said...

Wow 2 great cards I love the idea of the textures how exciting I think I will be really inspired by her blog I am off to have a look :D

Hugs

Amy xx