Saturday, August 21, 2010

Some Sweet news!

Hello!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend thus far! :)

Today I've got some extra special Sweet November news to share so I'm just gonna jump right into it... the fabulous miss Rachel is joining the magical miss Traci as a full-time SN Gal! I'm thrilled to have Rach coming back to play with all of the characters of Sweet November Land on a monthly basis! Not only will she be creating amazing cards for the releases but the ever-so-wonderful and technologically advanced Rach has also made a new Sweet November Facebook page that she will be overseeing! Yep, she was determined to finally pull me and SN into the 21st century despite my sad reliance on a dial-up internet connection (hey, rural living has its drawbacks) and I am loving everything that she has done. On the SN page you'll be able to view the newest releases, see card samples from both myself and all my peeps and maybe even a sneak peek every now and then... wink, wink! And if you are on Facebook we would love to see you upload your own SN creations too! How's that for some serious 21st century networking? Shhhhhh... just don't tell Rach that I'm still sans cellphone and managing just fine, LOL! ;)

In honor of our big Facebook announcement I just had to use a digi version of Pearl Tidepool so I could blow it up and have a big, beautiful face gracing today's card. I decided to keep all of the drama on the image itself with her fun pink hair and bright blue eyes and kept the card base pretty soft and muted. Though I gotta say that I have been saving this cool scrap of paper for years and finally had an idea worthy of putting it to use... so proud of myself, LOL!
And check out who just had to over see my picture taking process... looks like Oreo has given this card his seal of approval too. ;)
Thanks for stopping by!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Paper Adventures
digi stamp- Sweet November (Pearl Tidepool)
stamp- Whiff of Joy (sentiment)
ink0 Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
Prima flowers and e.line pearls
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Kaiser Craft pearls and gems
Paper Trey Ink twine
Sakura stardust glitter pen and clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, RV11, RV13
hair- RV04, RV09, RV19, RV69
eyes- BG02, BG05, BG09
top- V05, V06, V09
sky- BG0000, BG000

41 comments:

sundownerin said...

wowwiiiii and whooooooohoooo.... what wonderful hair!!!! oh how i love your cards!!! you are so talened an you have wonderful ideas!! you inspire me so much!!
thanks for sharing your art with us!!

Marianne said...

Hello Ami,
Wow, this card is absolutely adorable!!
Greetings,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Absolutely STUNNING Card... I love love it.... Oh and Oreo is beautiful....

Robin said...

Will have to check you out on facebook! Love how you have used pearl tidepool... and def the perfect place for that scrap of paper!!! Robin

Melissa S said...

Isn't Rach just the greatest!! I'm so happy for her and can't wait to see all the fab things she does with your wonderful images!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

YAY for rachel, cant wait to see more of her work! And OMG this card is gorgeous Im loving your big heads amy, so stunning! And your oreo is so stinkin adorable, glad he approved of this gorgeous creation.
Kristy xx

Me said...

What a beautiful card,i love the way you colored her hair.

Grtzz Marjon

☼ Cheryl* said...

Gorgeous Card! I love her hair colour :)
Oreo is soooo cute!!!

Sudha said...

Beautiful card dear.

Rhonda Miller said...

WooHoo great news. I love your card. Great job. TFS.

Unknown said...

GREAT NEWS!!! Your card is gorgeous. TFS Big hugs :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

how exciting :)!
love your card. so beautiful! love how you blew up the image. her hair is so pretty. love how you add the pearls. love those flowers too. the DP is gorgeous. thanks for sharing and have a great day! oreo seems to enjoy your creations as well :)! too cute. *hugs* steph :)

Jacilynn said...

amazing! love the pink hair and love the pearls. super cute Amy!
x

Maria Therese said...

Aaaaaaaaa gorgeous Amy!!

Vanessa said...

Wow Amy you're card is absolutely breathtaking! Thank you for sharing. :), Vanessa

donna mikasa said...

So happy for Rach! She'll be an awesome SN gal! Love your card! That's the great thing about digis--being able to enlarge them like that! Gorgeous!!

Angela said...

This is gorgeous Amy!!! So beautiful!! Yay, a big congrats to Rach!! Hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend!! Oh and Oreo looks too cute overseeing your creations!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Marley said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Love it sooooo much... Oreo looks great on the picture too hihi!! xx Marley

RiNNE said...

Yay! I'm so on it! Love the card, and that pp looks like you've pieced it together!!! Pearl is fabulously colored as usual!

I hope you got my second email yesterday!

Leanne said...

Wow Amy!! That card is beautiful! I love the blown up look of Pearl and her gorgeous pink hair!! That dp is perfect. Always love stopping at your blog for some awesome eye candy. Oreo is so cute! Have a wonderful weekend!

Shirley N said...

Wowzers Amy, Pearl is gorgeous--love your awesome coloring of her! Your DP is perfect and I'm loving all your embellies too! Lovelovelove this card!!!

Unknown said...

this is stunning her hair looks so shiney

Unknown said...

Amy, you seriously got coloring skills!! I LOVE LOVE how you color hair! Another fabulous card!

Shaela said...

very cute - and congrats on the Facebook page!! :)

♥Rach♥ said...

Yeah! I totally love the card, the pinks are stunning, and I love your little helper, what an awesome helper!

Alice said...

looks like Oreo is very serious about this photo taking business... =) LOVE that photo! and wow! stunning card, Amy!! never thought of enlarge the digis like this! amazing! LOVE her pink hair! just love everything about this card!! =)

scrapn_momof2 said...

Stunning card!! Love the pink hair.

Debbie Pamment said...

I just LOVE your "big heads" - stunning as always Amy! Off to find your FB page!
xXx

Cyndi said...

awesome card! love the background!

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Amy, her hair is fab!!
Anne x

Lau W said...

Her hairs are fabulous !
Lol the cat loves your card, great !

Mimi said...

Gorgeous! Love the hair...and I can see why you've saved this dp.. it's beautiful! Congrats to Rachel! cant wait to see what she creates! ;)

Amanda said...

I love the mosaic backgroud. This card is fablous and I love Pearl is is cute but now really cute!
Amanda

Crafty Jenn said...

Yeah for Facebook! I'll be a SNS fan for sure!

Love your Pearl card. She looks pretty in her close-up! Looks like Oreo is adjusting nicely.

<3 Jenn

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Wow! Is there a stamp of her, or just a digi?

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW... Pearl is stunning with pink hair, Amy! Love your beautiful card!

gobeagirl said...

Ohhhhhh! She is just beautiful!! I love her blown up like this.. Great card! I am really enjoying how you and Orea are crafting together. heehee,,If I remember you aren't much of a cat person...Isn't it amazing how they just steel your heart? Hugs to all three of you, Lisa

WickedPixie said...

Oh wow! I love Pearl blown up like this! You make the most beautiful and unique card! And Yeah for Rachel!! :-)Traci

Juls said...

love love LOVE this!!!!!! her pink hair is fabulous!!!! and I love how you have added pearls to her hair! gorgeous! Hugs juls

grandmalee said...

I'll be checking out fb when I'm done here! Gorgeous card! The paper was worth using on this beauty! Her hair and eyes are the bomb! I agree with Oreo that it's a beauty!

grandmalee said...

I'll be checking out fb when I'm done here! Gorgeous card! The paper was worth using on this beauty! Her hair and eyes are the bomb! I agree with Oreo that it's a beauty!