Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A die-cut kind of day

Hey there!

Are you ready for a new challenge over at the ATS Wednesday challenge? This week it's all about using die-cuts on your card or project. Now I don't have a lot of die-cuts, I don't own any nesties and I was feeling too lazy to pull out my Slice so I went to my usual source of inspiration for this one... my paper stash. And when I came across this sparkly die-cut lace paper from KI Memories I knew I had my solution. ;)

Doesn't it give the impression of some swirly waves behind Shimmer there? And I don't know if punches can count as die-cuts or not but either way I think this Martha Stewart deep edge punch looks kinda like seashells so I threw it into the mix for good measure too. :)

Ok, now I'm sure some of you have got die-cuts just waiting to make it onto a card so let's see what you can create! Remember, every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- My Mind's Eye (Magnolia), KI Memories lace paper
stamps- Sweet November (Shimmer Redkelp), Inkadinkado (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Martha Stewart deep edge fan punch
ribbon
buttons
Ranger Liquid Pearls and Stickles
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E21, E13, R20, R43, R46
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55, 0
eyes- BG02, BG05, BG07
everything else- Y35, Y38, YR16, YR18, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG95, E44, E47, E49, E40, E41, 0


37 comments:

Marley said...

I love it Amy!! Beautiful image and awesome coloring. Great borderpunch!!xxMarley

♥Rach♥ said...

You don't own any NESTIES??? SERIOUSLY?? How did that happen?
Anywhooo, I love this! The white die cut thingy is so pretty and the shell border was just a perfect choice :0)

Pam Varnell said...

This is adorable Amy. Yes it looks like waves behind her. Shimmer is one of my fav mermaids. Gorgeous card girl.

Unknown said...

this is drop-dead gorgeous, amy! love these bright colors, and those mermaids are some of my fave images, girlie! great job! :)

Dorthe said...

Great card. I love that Martha Stewart punch - just bought it myself :)

RiNNE said...

Wow, that punch is amazing! Perfect for a mermaid card.. looks like a tail as well! Your coloring is just wonderful! And I don't own any nestabilities either -- in fact, I don't even know what their packaging looks like! Love the buttons!

Kimberly S said...

Always amazing Amy, and this is no exception. The mermaid is so pretty with your coloring, and that layout is fabulous! :)

Larisa said...

I love it so much!!! As any Mermaid's cards though )))

Me said...

What a beauty,love the colourcombo's,great MS punch,you colored the mermaid perfect.

Grtzz Marjon

scrapn_momof2 said...

Gorgeous card. Love the punch, looks like huge shells.

chrilvian said...

nice punch, i have her too
i like the colors, and of course the image........think iam going to by her at de knotsgekkekaartendagen in zwolle

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, I love it. TFS.

sundownerin said...

ohhhhh myyy goooodddd, look these colors!!! i really love your mermaid she is so cute and bright colours!! its wonderful!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Jut Beautiful Amy!! And I love the folded ribbons and buttons. I love the yellow/orange tail you gave her!! Gorgeous!!

I'm here from the Lollipop Blog Hop!!

Wendy

Stamping Cafe said...

This is totally gorgeous, Amy!! I can star at it all day, you ROCK!!

BTW, I adore all of your mermaids... you are amazingly talented!!

mae said...

This is adorable....!!!

Maria Therese said...

Such a sweet card! And those mermaids of yours are so pretty!!

donna mikasa said...

Wow...you really don't need any Nesties! The border punch and lacy die cut are perfect! Must get some of your mermaids--they're so gorgeous!

Joy said...

another amazing card! love your details and that image is colored well. she is sweet! love how you used that MS border punch. now I can have an idea on how to use mine...lol! have a good hum day!

Shirley N said...

You come up with the greatest card layouts--love how you used that die-cut! Shimmer is so beautiful and your coloring is just sooo pretty!

Kelly Booth said...

OK Amy...how are you surviving without Nesties???? LOL!! Do I need to send you a rack???
Your card is Gorgeous...Love Love Love your mermaids!!!!
Hugs!

Islander Girl said...

Gorgeous! I so love your mermaids!!!

Tracey Feeger said...

Amy this is super gorgeous as always. You always have the perfect elements to go with your DP and image You colouring is amazing as always.
mwah
Trace

Sharon said...

Very cute.

Mel said...

Oh Amy, your cards are just super divine, I love everything about this gorgeous mermaid, wow wow.

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alice said...

this is so pretty! love the summer colors you used! fab card!

Risa said...

Oh Amy,
Your card is beautiful in every way! Your image is gorgeous and colored in beautifully! Awesome color combos and detailing!
hugs
Risa:)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy this is so fantastic! Beth

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

GORGEOUS!!! I soo wanna win one of your paper stacks! Always love the paper you use, and of course your colouring is amazing!!!!!!
Kristy xx

Leanne said...

OOO!!! I love the colors and that die-cut behind Shimmer is awesome, it does look like waves behind her. Great coloring and that striped dp is awesome. My problem is going to be choosing which die cut to use for the challenge. LOl. Thanks for sharing!! Have a great day!! Hugs,

Sudha said...

Awesome work dear.

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! I love the colours the swirls and all your fab finishing details like the buttons and ribbons! gorgeous! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the image :)

Angela said...

Great card Amy!! I love the big shelled border and the swirly lace paper!! Shimmer Redkelp to too cute and I love the way you have colored her!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Kristie W. said...

Oh I love how you colored her!! Great card design and I like how you used the ribbons and buttons!