Monday, August 23, 2010

Yee-haw!

Howdy folks!

It's Monday morning and that means I've got a Monday Mania challenge card to share. This week the cutie patootie miss Jenny V. is hosting and she wants everyone to 'make a scene' with their cards. :)
When Jenny filled me in on the theme of her challenge I knew exactly what I wanted to do. You see, I've had this sheet of Creative Imaginations paper for at least a year and I always thought that it would be fun to pair with Wild West Anya, but I just never got around to actually putting the two together. So no more excuses, it was finally time to cut into that paper and get it on a card! To give the scene a bit of depth I glued the covered wagon strip right on the card and then I fussy cut the cactus and prairie dog strip and pop dotted it above the wagons along with Anya. I did also alter Anya up just a bit by wiping away her open mouth with a baby wipe before stamping then drew in her new cocky little smirk... I wonder if she is thinking about ropin' that prairie dog? Wrong kind of doggie Anya! LOL ;)

Aren't scene cards so much fun to make? I love telling stories with my stamps! And we hope to see you all join the fun this week as it will be the last Monday Mania over at CA&Friends. Yep, Jess is changing up the format and a new Mystery Monday challenge will be starting up before ya know it!

Alrighty, happy trails pardners. :) Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse Kraft and PTI
paper- Creative Imaginations (cowgirl scene)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Wild West Anya)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Gin X alpha rub-ons
Kaiser Craft pearls
Paper Trey ink twine
EK Success gold pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E21, E13, R20
hair- T3, T5, T7, T9
clothes- E30, E31, E34, E57, B93, B95, B97, R81, R83, R85, E40, E41, 0

42 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is awesome, Amy! I hope I have time to play since I too have some scenery dp I've been wanting to use for ages.

Me said...

What a great card,love the way you colored her,and the background is fab with all the cactussen.

Have a nice day Marjon

Pastila said...

Awesome card! I like it!

Andrea C said...

yee haw hilarious, this is a fantastic scene card x

Pam Varnell said...

This is fabulous Amy. I love your cute scene. All that fussy cutting was worth it. The dimension looks great.

Kimberly S said...

Wow, this is just fantastic Amy! Adorable Anya, and what an amazing scene for her! :)

Anonymous said...

This card is absolutely amazing....

scrapn_momof2 said...

Totally awesome! Your card is too adorable. I love the whole scene!

♥Rach♥ said...

This is SO cute and totally perfect! I love the sentiment, stamp and paper, how creative and fun :0)

Wilfreda said...

This card is so cute. I love it.

*Michaela* said...

Beautiful card Amy! It brought a smile on my face.
Also, thank you for the note regarding Staz-On. You are super sweet!
Hugs,
Michaela

sundownerin said...

howdy !!! what a fun card!! sooo dimensional!!! wonderful

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Oh my! I love your card! So fun! I love the rope on top too! Perfect :)

Happy Monday!
hugs, margie

chrilvian said...

superrrrrrr, like it

Marianne said...

Beautiful Card!!
Greetings,
Marianne

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely adorable, Amy! I love the scene you created!

Leanne said...

Great card Amy! I have that same dp and have used it before. It's always great to have something you just have to add to. I love your alteration of Cowgirl Anya. Super cute smirk! Hugs,

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous.

~* steph :) *~ said...

what an absolutely ADORABLE little scene you created, amy! i love how you added dimension with the cacti and the lasso. so cute! your coloring is amazing as always :). thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Linda said...

Whoa there cowgirl! This is an awesome card! You did an amazing job and it feels like I'm in the wild, wild west with Anya! Yeehaw! Have a great week Amy! Aloha, Linda

Maria Therese said...

Awsome scenery for a awsome colored stamp!!

CraftyC said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous amy, beautifully coloured and I love the scene!
Clairexx

crafty amy said...

Wow that paper is just so perfect for her and I love how you have changed her little smile :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Anonymous said...

Oh what a cute little scene !!! I'm totally in love !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Tonje said...

Amazing! Wild West Anya is absolutely perfect for the paper scene. I really like her lasso!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

Unknown said...

So cute card! Love the scene. TFS Have a great week! Hugs :)

Joy said...

yippee! ride em cowgirl! you did a fabulous job on this scenic card! love what you do! so amazing! don't know where you find this kind of stuff but it's so awesome! thanks again for extending my challenge for an extra week! the women are still having problems uploading. any whoo...have a good Monday!

Shaela said...

this is soooo cute! My 5yo is obsessed with cowboys at the moment, and he loves it too! :)

RiNNE said...

Oh, I just love the scene you made- can't believe that's just PP. Looks so 3-D! I also think that 'rope' detailing on top is perfect!!

Alice said...

this is super duper cute! love it!

Cyndi said...

so cute! love the scene!

Stamping Cafe said...

What a fabulous scene you created, Amy! LOVE your fantastic card!! Have a fabulous week!

Shirley N said...

Fantastic scene Amy, Anya is so cute!!!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG Amy can you please send me some of your talent!! WOW this is just amazing!!
Kristy xx

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is too darn cute!! Love this panoramic scene and her perfect little lasso! So clever...

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, Can you hear the excitment in my fingers? I am so happy to get to see all that you have made in the last week! This is just adorable! I love your card. It is just perfect! Hugs, Lisa

WickedPixie said...

I LOVE scene cards and seeing other peoples scene cards and this one is awesome! :-)Traci

Juls said...

so gorgeous and so much fun! Hugs Juls

Tasha said...

FANTASTIC! Oh my goodness this scene is the cutest
love tasha xx

Kelly Sas said...

Wow! I wish I had half the talent you have!!!

grandmalee said...

This is adorable! I love the scenery paper...how perfect! What a perfect fit!