Monday, August 9, 2010

Button, button...

Good morning, please scroll down for Kris' baby shower blog hop post... thanks!

Just a quickie to share with everyone the fantastic Monday Mania challenge that Sheng is hosting over at the CA&Friends blog this week. Its all about the buttons for this one and the funkier the better according to Sheng! :)

Well the funkiest buttons that I have are these Jenni Bowlin ones, and their vintage vibe seemed to go perfectly with the new Sassafras Indie Girl papers that I've fallen in love with. All that I had left to do was figure out which stamp would complete the scene perfectly.
As I was flipping through my Wild Sprouts, little Miko caught my eye... probably because I think her dress looks a bit old fashioned. But because I wanted her to have wide open eyes for this card I knew that I would have to do a bit of altering before she would be card ready. And since I was already wiping away her eyes I decided to also wipe away the heart barrette from the one side of her hair and draw in a matching bow instead. Then I just used my light box to trace DeeDee sprouts eyes onto Miko's face.
If you're feeling adventurous and have some good black drawing pens (I use Copic multiliners) this kind of altering is only a bit more involved than a head swap but can be a lot of fun!

Ok, time for you to go dig through that jar of buttons and see what you can come up with for the challenge! :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Sassafras (Indie Girl)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Wild Sprout Miko), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
Jenni Bowlin buttons
buttons
Doodlebug flower
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair-E74, E47, E77, E79, E49
clothes- BG72, BG75, BG78, Y11, Y13, YG95, E40, E41, 0

39 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is super cute. I love the buttons. What fun. I have to confess that I did buy a light box months ago, but have yet to give it a go. She looks perfect by the way. Love her hair! HUGS, LISA

Lorraine said...

wow another stunning card Amy i love love love those papers and the layout its a really gorgeous card xx

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Amy,

This one is very pretty! That paper is so beautiful and I love the little line coming out on the bottom and also the lines you draw on the paper, that really finishes it! Yes, her dress is a bit old-fashioned, but maybe now again hip?! Hi hi! I really, really like this card!!! Beautifully made!

Hugs, Wendy

Ms. Jen said...

Great card Amy! I just love those buttons. Never seen those before.

Melissa S said...

Shes fantatic!! I used my baby TorT Princess!! I love her so much. Thanks again Amy!!

♥Rach♥ said...

What a fun card! Love those funky buttons and I KNEW Miko looked even cuter for some reason. Love the matching bows (a major improvement) and her face is adorable too :0)

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a beautiful card, amy! i love the soft colors. you alter images so well! i love it!! and your coloring is so amazing. cute flowers and i love those vintagey buttons! thanks for sharing and have a great monday! *hugs* steph :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Gorgeous card. I love the buttons as the flower centers. TFS.

Unknown said...

Anotehr fantastic cad, Amy! I am really admiring your excellent coloring skills!

CraftyC said...

What a sweet card. Gorgeous image and I love the vintage feel!
Clairex

AGohl said...

I really like the flowers on this card. They really complete the card!

Jenny said...

Hi Amy,
This is really bad but I like your altered version better than the original!!! Such a cute card- TFS!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Me said...

What a gorgeous card,i really love the paper,and the image is so adorable.

Hugzz Marjon

Maria Therese said...

Gosh this is cute! Love the colors

Alberto said...

Hey Amy!

this card is adorable and the greeting stamp is cute ;)

Hugs, Albert

scrapn_momof2 said...

Adorable card. Love the buttons and the colors are great!

1LuvnMama said...

How fun and cheery Amy! I luv the buttons . . . they're pretty and very unique in my eyes! Detailing is right on as always! Hope you're having a wonderful Monday!

Shelby Goolsby said...

This card just made me smile when I saw it. Have a great week!!

Danni said...

What fun buttons!! Adorable card!! You are just so talented with the altering!! Super sweet and cute!

Sonia said...

Hi!
Cute image, pretty card, love it!

**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60

Niki Estes said...

So cute!! Amazing coloring as always!

Tasha said...

Super cute card, love the colours, the paper is so cute and i love the layout!
Her hair looks amazing
love tasha xx

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

This is a lovely card.The layout is great and the colours are fabulous.Elisa.x

donna mikasa said...

Love the altering! Face switching? Head switching? Love those yummy Jenni Bowlin buttons, too!

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy! I hope you know how much I love your cards! I have a hard time putting it into words...This is another fabulous one! Everything is so cute and just seems perfect! Like I can no longer imagine any other paper of embellishments placed any other way! :-)Traci

bernietom47 said...

Love this card. Perfect coloring, perfect papers, perfect buttons!

I get the light box part but how did you 'wipe away' the eyes and heart barrette?
Hugs & Blessings
Bernie

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!! I love this!! I love your alteration, super cute. Great use of those gorgeous buttons, and a great choice of dp. GORGEOUS HAIR!! Another winner!! Hugs,

Risa said...

Hi Amy,
All I can say at this moment is "WOW"!!! Your cards are beautiful,adorable,inspirational and sweet all wrapped into one! I love your style!!!
hugs
Risa:)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

AMy this is sooo gorgeous and WOW check out your colouring always blows me away!! I would love to just sit and watch you craft one day!! so cool
Kristy xx

Alice said...

love how you sued those fancy buttons!! gorgeous card!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy I saw this over at the farm and you have to know it is magnificent! Beth

Unknown said...

Awesome card! TFS Hugs :)

RiNNE said...

That button is just fabulous! I love the sketch and placement of embellies! Your altering is wonderful! And the colors make me swoon!

Anne said...

oh this is adorable Amy, what a cute card
Anne x

DG said...

This is downright gorgeous!!!

Stamping Cafe said...

What a gorgeous card, Amy! Love everything about this!

Pam Varnell said...

This is so sweet. Love it.

Sharon said...

Adorable card!

Angela said...

Amy I love the color choices you used on this card and the colors!! SO soft!! Miko looks so pretty in these colors!! And I love her hair!!! I hope you have a great weekend!!
Hugs:)
Angela