Monday, August 16, 2010

Shake, shake, shake... shake, shake, shake...

shake your... cards? LOL

Mornin' friends!

Well, it's Monday once again and that means it is MM time over at CA&Friends. This week the delightful miss Joy is hosting and her challenge is to create a shaker card!
Now I have seen some amazingly fabulous shakers out there... I'm even lucky enough to have one of Mama's beauties gracing my work space but I won't lie, when Joy emailed me about her challenge I felt a small sense of dread because I just don't do many of these creative, more involved, kinds of cards. I kept putting off working on it until an idea finally struck... what if I used an old plastic clam shell packaging from some embellishments to create a Halloween treat shaker? So that's exactly what I did... I like to think of it as the "lazy man's shaker card", LOL! ;)

Cheating or not, I really had fun putting this together and best of all it was still quick and easy! All I did was alter Creeper Friday by wiping away her headphones with a baby wipe before stamping then drawing hair back in to the empty space. Once that was done I put her head on Creeper Tuesday's body. I also added the witch's hat from the Spooktacular set to complete her new witchy look. Her li'l sidekick, Jacko is also part of the Spooktacular set. To finish it all off I added gems for stars and a rub-on sentiment to the outside of the plastic container.
Here's a close-up of the shaker part of the card, I filled it up with mini M&M candies... yum! :)
I've got to say that if I can make a shaker card, anyone can. And I really hope to see you all play along this week too!
Toodles!

Supply list:
cardstock- Paper Trey Ink
paper- Cosmo Cricket (Matilda), My Mind's Eye (green)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Creeper Friday, Creeper Tuesday, Spooktacular set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Kaiser Craft gems
Pink Paislee sentiment rub-ons
ribbon
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, BV20, BV23
hair- YR12, YR15, YR14, YR18, E19
clothes- C3, C5, C7, C9, V15, V17, V09, YG23, YG25, YG17, G07, Y35, Y38, YR04
jacko- Y38, YR15, YR16, YR18, YG23, YG25, YG17, G07, V15, V17, E44, E47, E49

40 comments:

RiNNE said...

Great shaker card, Amy! So very creative and fun! Love your coloring and the mini M&Ms!! Such fun!

sundownerin said...

wowiii this one is spooooky!! hahahahah... looks so fab!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Amy,

What a great card!! And this is what it's all about, I think, you were very creative in a way to make a shaker card!! Good thinking!! Why be too busy, when you can re0use something? I think it's perfect!! And it's a really funny card!! Great colors!!! Love it!

Hugs, Wendy

Me said...

This is really awesome,what an idea a shaker.
The image is so cute and perfectly colored.

Grtzz Marjon

Lorraine said...

wow i love it and what a great idea to use these packages i love this project xx

♥Rach♥ said...

A shaker card is a shaker card, definitely not lazy! Totally love this, the candies are a great choice and I LOVE the stamps you combined!! I recognize that hair ;0) Perfect Halloween project.

Unknown said...

This is great, Amy! Great for Halloween! Love it!

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE this idea, the candy shaker and the awesome altering of Friday!

Lau W said...

You're so creative ! wouh it's a very nice creation ! congrats !
xxx

Shaela said...

cheater, CHEATER!! ;) Love the card, and i LOVE the cute new creepy witch!! What a fun alterable, I might have to try it sometime :)

Tasha said...

very cute! great altering
love tasha xx

Andrea C said...

what an amazing candy shaker x

scrapn_momof2 said...

Don't sell yourself short Amy. Each and everyone of your creations is amazing....your shaker card is no different! Absolutely darling!

Unknown said...

So nice project! I love it. TFS :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a great idea to repurpose the embelly box. This is so darn cute. TFS.

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Amy you so ROCK girl.....

angelique (anlou) said...

what a great spooky shakercard
i just adore it, and love it
hugs angelique

Mette said...

What a brilliant idea. Love, as always, your colouring and choice of DP and elements. I love the new Creeper images. Just FAB

Hugs, Mette

kaos said...

What a great idea - this might just be the right kind of shaker card for me to make *lol*

~* steph :) *~ said...

adorable and YUMMY shaker card, amy! those m&ms match perfectly. love the colors and your coloring. thanks for sharing! have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Auntie Em said...

That is such a cute idea! Now I know what to do with all those empty packages I've been hoarding! :D
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Danni said...

How creative and awesome!! Love this!! Super fun!

WickedPixie said...

OK, First you may say that you don't make "involved" kinds of cards, but don't you dare add the word creative when listing what you don't do!! HA! This new alteration of yours may be my favorite! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her and her little friend!! So jealous I didn't think of it!! :-)Traci

Maria Therese said...

so cute!!!

Shirley N said...

I've been meaning to do this too Amy, this is so cute and fun! Now I gotta try it! Have a wonderful week!

Rachel Hope said...

THAT is my kind of shaker card!!! :) Love it!

Tonje said...

Gosh... what a spooktacular idea! I've never tried making a shaker card, but I'm sure I could manage this kind... Love how you altered the stamps (THAT I could not do...)

Tonje said...

Gosh... what a spooktacular idea! I've never tried making a shaker card, but I'm sure I could manage this kind... Love how you altered the stamps (THAT I could not do...)

Tammy said...

I love this idea. I'm with you I always dread making the shaker card but I usually keep my package materials for just such an idea.
Love it so much! TFS

Cheryl said...

This is too cute! Love how you alter those images.

Tracey Feeger said...

Gosh this is gorgeous Amy. Love how you have altered Friday. She looks super cute.
mwah
Trace

Stamping Cafe said...

How fun, Amy! Love your clever idea!!

donna mikasa said...

What a clever way to make a shaker! And I love how you altered the two Creepers, too! And yes, "that" song is now stuck in my brain.....

Alice said...

wow! super fun shaker card, Amy! LOVE your amazing altering and coloring!!

paperpapier said...

fantastic shaker card. What a BRILLIANT idea to alter the plastic packaging......!!! Thank you for the inspiration and woo..hoo...now I can go and make a shaker card as well (which I have never done before)
You are awesome...!!!
hugs,heaney

Angela said...

Amy, I agree with Traci!! She said it all!! You have a wonderful creative mind and it shows in your cards!! I laugh/smile more coming to your blog and seeing your creations and then reading what you have to say about them!! Too funny!!
This turned out card!! I recycle alot of stuff but I don't think I would have thought about using a clamshell to create a shaker card!!
So creative and I love your alteration!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Joy said...

so cute your shaker! how clever you are to think of something like that! love your altered creeper! you did a fabulous job. love the coloring and thank you again for giving me this wonderful opportunity! you are so gracious and kind! have a good week!

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!! I used a similar container and wasn't sure if that was considered cheating or not.. lol.. I'd call it recycling instead, sounds much nicer. hahaha
Great alteration and love the colors!! Hugs,

Barb said...

She is so freakin' adorable! LOVE your coloring, and the m & m's for the shaker part is fab :)

Marsha said...

Oh my gosh ! I really love this shaker card and love the witches hat you drew on this cute Creeper ! I wish i was as talented as you are ;-) you always know how to make the TGF stamps even more fun when you add a few things :-D

Marsha