Tuesday, May 16, 2023

You are mermazing...

Good morning!

I was flipping through my binder of Purple Onion Designs stamps the other day to see which cute characters would inspire me to get inky and it was the retired Summer girl stamp that got the wheels turning in my head. We are midway through MerMay so I figured why not try turning Summer into a mermaid? It was as easy as only inking her from the waist up and using a baby wipe to clean off the ink from her patterned shirt before stamping. This left me with a blank torso that I could color into a mermaid top and little belly, letting the rest of her 'tail' disappear beneath the surface. She was a bit lonely though so I paired her with the ducklings, True and Blue. Once again I omitted inking up their feet so it would look like they are swimming on the water and I also chose to color them up like seagulls rather than ducks this time around, which I think totally works. Beneath the waves, I stamped Neptune a few times for even more friends joining Summer's sunset swim. For the finishing touch I grabbed this sentiment from the Sea-timents set and stamped it in brown to match the dark silhouetted spits of land that I colored in. I gotta say, I'm quite smitten with how this one turned out.  :)

Later gators!

 

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink, Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Purple Onion Designs (Summer, True and Blue, Coral and Neptune and Sea-timents)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and london fog
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E51, E53, E55, E57, E59
top, ribbon/tail- YG13, YG17, BG99/YR0000, YR000, YR00, YR01, YR02, Y00, Y11
water/land- BG000, BG01, BG02, BG53, BG57, Y00/E47, E49
sky- Y0000, Y000, Y00, YR0000, YR000, YR00, YR01
birds- C0, C1, C2, C4, C7, Y11, Y17, Y26, R21
fish- YR00, YR01, YR02
 

0 comments: